GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need more Horsepower on a 5.3 2007 ltz

I am look some way to get more horsepower out of my truck but dont know what to do Chip, exhuast, or is there something else that dont cost a lot. I do have a air intake already

Get you a set of LT's cat back and then tune it. That should do you some good, if you are not happy then......SC it!!

________2013 4C Rated__________

An exhaust combined with your cold air intake will yield some more hp gains than just an intake by itself. If it were my truck, I would go intake, exhaust, chip or custom tune, headers, cam, forced induction (in that order).
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Welcome to the club. Unfortunetly HP stands for horsepower and high price. As ajarman said long tube headers, cat-back exhaust and a tuner, I like the Diablo Preditor. If you buy cheap headers and exhaust they just won't last. Save your money and get the good stuff.

To true on buying the best you can(can't lol) afford... It will last longer and usually perform better
    1998 K1500 Ext. Cab 4.3 5spd
    Amsoil, CIA

2007 Harley Davidson Vrod
    Amsoil, Vance & Hines 2into1, K&N Topless,
    Screamin Eagle Racetuner, StageII cams,
    Carbon fiber front fender, and a few more lil goodies:wink:

Ok, seriously these russian spam accounts really need to go die.......
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

X2 on the russian spam.

Seriously, these spam accounts are really annoying. When I log into the forum I report spam at least 2-3 times a day. Steve, if you're reading this, is it possible to upgrade the anti-spam software for the forum????

I'm confused. It seemed like a legitimate question to me.