GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default "Tow" mirrors (2007-2011 style) on a 2004

Hey guys..
    I've seen on ebay some pretty good deals on the "Tow" mirrors off of a 2007-2011 style truck, and was interested in putting them on my 2004..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06...Q5fAccessories

That's one set that I'm looking at, and at $175 I think it's a pretty good deal.

But my question is.. will these work on a 2004 that don't have the "heater" option?
    I really don't care if it works, or if I have to mess around with the wiring a little bit because the plugs aren't the same.. I just want the power mirror part to work!

I can't find a set on ebay that are power without the "heater" option.. they are all manual and have nothing, or are power with the heater, or power with the heater and turn signal.. :/

Thanks!

look for Kool Vues or K-Source ... two good brands that make OEM Equilvilent with many people here running them. Also search the forum for Tow Mirrors this was a hot topic in the fall of last year.

Sr. Mechanic

In my research I found the same thing, all mirrors had power with heat, not just power. I was looking for power only myself. Then I found out my truck had heated mirrors, they come on with the rear defrost,mines an '08. Not sure if the NBS style will fit on the OBS. I ordered the kool vue from discount auto glass, $300 for the pair, that's with the turn sigs in the glass, just came today so I don't have them on yet but they seem like good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by randomsandwhich View Post
    look for Kool Vues or K-Source ... two good brands that make OEM Equilvilent with many people here running them. Also search the forum for Tow Mirrors this was a hot topic in the fall of last year.
    I see you installed the towing mirrors. Can you give me some detail on taking of the door panel on the 2010. The early 2000's were a snap to replace, but on these 2010's you have to take off the whole door panel. For instance, how does the door handle come off? I've got the triangle off and most of the panel loose, but something is still holding the panel on. Is there anything else in the way besides the handle? Any wires/connections you have to remove blind?

Google the 01-07 classic silveado and then the new body silverado mirrors and you'll see that the corners are different and don't fit the older 01-07 classic silverados. The fittings are different. I could be wrong but I'm like 90% sure there different
    Joser
    2001 Silverado 5.3L
    13% tint all around
    7" Fabtech lift kit w/ leveling kit
    HD front end conversion
    Blacked out Billet Grille w/ Black Bow-Tie
    33x12.5x20 on 20x10 Fuel Hostage
    Smoked out tail lights
    Dual Flow Masters/ Exhaust Cut outs
    K&N CAI
    Custom Tuner
    Corvette Servo