GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Sounds like a good idea. maybe next time your in town we can go at that and the switches again. HAHA

Jr. Apprentice

Yeah, I think we are going to be up in the beginning of May after finals. We need to touch up the paint on the overhead too.

Great write-up, Noodles! That turned out really nice, too. I love the way it looks. Nice job.

CONTINUED FROM PAGE 1

Step 11: Run power to console location.

Run a power wire with a fuse to the console location. Start by tying the fused end of the power wire within reach of the battery’s positive terminal. Run the wire into the interior of the truck through the firewall and into to the dashboard on the driver’s side. Once you have the wire into the cab of the truck, loosen up the driver’s side pillar located next to the windshield. This pillar will have a single clip towards the top center of it. Once the clip is detached you will now need to detach the driver’s visor and visor clip. To remove visor and the clip you will need a size 16 Torx Bit (star shaped). There are three screws in the visor and one in the clip. Once the visor and clip have been removed you can gently pull down on the headliner to loosen it enough to run the power wire. You can now run the power wire up the pillar and over the headliner to the consoles location. Once you reach the console spot, cut the wire off leaving some extra wire to easily connect to your console’s power wires.

Step 12: Install back lighting
    Wire a colored neon or led light inside of your console as close to the logo as possible (but not directly against the back). That way when it lights up you get a glowing effect where your logo is cut out. I used the Flex Led's from Autozone. I used 3M tape to attach them above my design. You can wire the lights to one of your switches (which is what I did until I have more items to power) or you can wire the lights to turn on when your vehicle is started. Okay, I think you will be happy to see this next step…

Step 13: Put it together!
    Connect the wires and put it all back together. I would recommend using a small amount of black silicone around the edges of you new faceplate for a smooth look and to keep the light from leaking out around the edges. Remove the wire nut from your power wires and attach them all to the power wire you have just run from the battery. To attach the ground wire to the frame, use the screw that will hold up your console and attach the ring when you put it back together. Now connect the fused end of the battery wire to the positive terminal of the battery. Check to make sure all switches light up and work correctly. Put all interior pieces back together and you are done! Now anytime you want to add anything to the switches just run the remote wire to the console and connect it to the empty lead wires at the switch.

Well there it is everyone. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.
    Last edited by FrigginNoodles; 05-02-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

looks BA man, once i have my truck set up with the lights the way I want, thats definitly what Im gonna do to mine.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Blog Entries

Nice Job!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

That looks awesome!!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Sr. Apprentice

Thats look awesome man, great work...I might do the same thing...That console only does one thing in my truck, it holds my air freshners lol..
    2000 chevy silverado 1500 LS Longbed Regular cab

i keep pens and business cards in mine atm, but that switch console is just to cool.

Alex

I always forgot the compartment was even up there, until some thing would fall out on me (usually chocolates or something like that) that my fiance put in there. No more surprises falling on me anymore.