GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Blog Entries

Default See how after-market wheels look on YOUR truck with this Interactive Wheel System

Hey all, I searched the forum and did not see this tool listed anywhere, so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.....

I stumbled across a great link that lets you pick out rims to see how the look on your ride.

It's simple and fast to use: once you select your vehicle and other vehicle details, you then choose a wheel brand name/style/color from the menu of pics below. Once you select a wheel, it automatically adds it to the computer generated pic of your vehicle. It even takes into consideration the wheel's diameter (however, tire size does not change).

Hopefully, this will help answers the many "what does that wheel look like on my vehicle" questions that are asked, as well as aid in the overall search for that perfect wheel.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/int...258060:4696259

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

played with it for a little bit, its interesting. im not planning on changing rims, but fun to play with and see whats available non the less.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

That's a good one Mike & for the exact reason you stated. That question gets asked a lot.
    Now if we could just settle the question of what looks better "white letters out, or blackwalls out"
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Here is the one I used while looking for wheels

http://tbcwheels.ridestyler.com/?mode=webtk

This one allows the adjustment of truck ride height (up to 8in lift) any color tire size etc.
    Last edited by randomsandwhich; 04-23-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Legend

Blog Entries

Yeah...these are just fun little cool tools that will hopefully help out. And Stephan, to answer your question, maybe you should start a thread poll?! It would be interesting to see the results.

as far as white letters vs. black letters out, im gonna say white, but it does somewhat depend on the tire, some i like some i dont.

Alex

too bad they dont have a larger selection
    03 Silverado 1500
    285/75/16 BFG's
    2 Blaupunkt 10" vW1000 subs in Subthump box
    ProComp Level Lift & 3" rear blocks

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Yeah...these are just fun little cool tools that will hopefully help out. And Stephan, to answer your question, maybe you should start a thread poll?! It would be interesting to see the results.
    White letters out or blackwalls out has been asked before, but the body color wasn't specified & I think it makes a lot of difference depending on dark or light paint. Also wheel color & alloy makes a big diff too, so I think there are probably about 100 different answers to that question & they all have merit.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clgoch187 View Post
    too bad they dont have a larger selection
    I agree..the choices are limited from both sites in terms of specific makes.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    White letters out or blackwalls out has been asked before, but the body color wasn't specified & I think it makes a lot of difference depending on dark or light paint. Also wheel color & alloy makes a big diff too, so I think there are probably about 100 different answers to that question & they all have merit.
    Yeah...one of those questions in which one answer will never cover all of the possibilities.

It would be nice if they included stock rims in their library. I tried to use it to see what my truck with the stock rims would look like with the stock rims with different tires.