GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone in the New Orleans Area?

Well, the title says it all... Does anyone live within a couple hours of New Orleans? I'm looking for someone to work on GMs with, and just to hang out and talk GM. Ok, thanks
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I'll be visiting in September. I'm taking a roadtrip to consume alcohol and regurgitate it on your fine streets in the French Quarter.

What's the occasion? Not that one is neccesary in New Orleans. I cordially invite you to get drunk off your ass in the quarter, Lord knows I stay as far away from it as possible.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

No special occasion. Once a year my wife and I take a roadtrip with a friend and his wife. This year is New Orleans since we hadnt been there for four years.
    We've been going on roadtrips together for 26 years, since we were in highschool together. When I was stationed overseas they used to come visit us and we would take trips around whatever country I was stationed in at the time.

Legend

Hey just picked up a 2007 sierra and I'm on the Westbank.

I live in the Pearl River/ Slidell area. I am always going through New Orleans.

I'm actually in the Slidell area USMCRay. I just put New Orleans since most people have no clue where in the world Slidell is....
    Christopher

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

I'm here also - not NOLA - River Ridge - not far from the Kenner airport.

Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Crawdaddy are there any good shops around town that you recommend to do work? I want to get my frontend updated with some poly bushings and I need new ball joints bad. Also any suggestions on where to get an allignment?

As for shops to have work done, I'm not quite sure. Supposedly, Doors Automotive on Gause is a pretty good speed shop, but I haven't used them. Personally, I just do my own work on my Suburban, and I take my Saturn to Saturn for work. For an alignment, I'd go to Tire Town on Old Spanish Trail near Ponchartrain Blvd. From what I hear, they do a good job and are the only people in the area that can rack up duallies. I haven't used them yet, but my grandfather had his dually aligned there and my uncle intends on using them when he needs an alignment.
    I asked this in another thread, but do ya'll have any decent junkyards up in Pearl River? Knippers is lousy. Also, I'm looking for a Ford Bronco of virtually any year, got any leads on one for sale? Thanks

If you wanna tackle those ball joints yourself and need help, I'm sure I could lend a hand... I've done the uppers on my Suburban already...
    Christopher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast