GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Love my truck, but sports car he ain't! :=)

I bet everyone has a favorite road or stretch somewhere. Mine is a winding road of appr. 13 miles that takes me from my home town to village where my brothers farm is.

I've driven this road for decades, for fun and for purpose – with a truck a comfortable 55 mph average can maintained and with a performance car 80ish averages are easily achieved

Yesterday I drove out with Red Dust my father riding shotgun. We collected my Italian supermini that has spent few days sitting on my brother's yard. On our way over I made some drivability, comfort and performance comments about the Chevy when comparing it to my father’s truck, a Merc Sprinter.

The Old Geezer - who is a hardcore MB man - didn't appreciate and when coming back, me driving Red Dust and Pa piloting the 1,2 litre Fiat Punto he did put the hammer down..

Frankly, I got my ass handed to me, the mass and chassis of Chevy really working against me and the small underpowered supermini simply disappeared to the horizon.
    On the other hand, the Fiat would walk over the Sprinter as well...

-J

Blog Entries

Sounds like it's time to turn that truck into a street machine. Nothing a set of sway bars, new shocks and new rims and tires can't fix, along with some lowering if thats your style

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

Legend
    Blog Entries

Ive seen the Punto, and a car will usually outrun a truck especially on corners. I have a saturn SC2 that will kill my truck even in a straight line. But the truck can haul three of those saturns, and not be bothered... plus the saturn cant haul my boat or my camper, or get to most of my favorite fishing spots.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Anybody remember the movie Better off Dead?
    When my old '75 Jimmy (full time 4x4, 33's, just enough gas to get where I was going) was my primary driver, there was a kid with a Camaro and a 2 foot hood scoop that always rumbled up next to me at the traffic light - "Wanna run 'em?"

This went on for about two summers when I finally said "Yea! Meet my at Ceresco trail in ten minutes!" He said "I can't go down there with this" - I said "And this isn't a race car". That was the last time we had that conversation.

Now, my uncle's Typhoon is another story...

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I don't know about you but I drive my Avalanche like a Vette... I take turns faster and hold the road better then some BMW's,and Audi's. There is a nice wide turn by me that I can take at 75 MPH with my nice rims and tires on and I've had people move over and give my the finger...

Sway bars,CAI,Programer,Exhust,Breaks.. For under $2K You can have some fun too...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by KidHauler View Post
    Anybody remember the movie Better off Dead?
    When my old '75 Jimmy (full time 4x4, 33's, just enough gas to get where I was going) was my primary driver, there was a kid with a Camaro and a 2 foot hood scoop that always rumbled up next to me at the traffic light - "Wanna run 'em?"

This went on for about two summers when I finally said "Yea! Meet my at Ceresco trail in ten minutes!" He said "I can't go down there with this" - I said "And this isn't a race car". That was the last time we had that conversation.
    I want my 2 dollars.
    Great movie!
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light