GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tonneau Cover: Best Soft for Over-Rail?

I have a 2009 Silverado 1500 crew cab short bed (5'8") with an over-the-rail bed liner.

I'm looking to purchase a tonneau cover - soft, that will work with the over-the-rail bed liner. I don't mind cutting the bedliner. Looking to spend no more than $250. Any suggestions?

Legend

Blog Entries

I have a Truxedo that sits above my bed rails. The cover itself sits a 3/4" about the bedrails and the tonneau cover railmounts mount directly on top of the bed rails. However, because the mounts used C type to mount, I ended up drilling a few holes on each side, thus not it does not stick out from inside of the bed rails. I think they are about $300 bucks though......it is model #:

TruXedo 263701 TruXport Soft Roll-Up Dual Latch Tonneau Cover

I'm sure your model # will be different, as I have a 6'6" bed
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 04-28-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

TruXedo and Extang both have good soft tonneau's. Check out there websites, they have several that fit with over-the-rail bedliners.

If you decide to go with the Extang, the snapless model is worth it for the ease of operation. I've had a snapless Extang now for 7 years and wouldn't be without it. I've had two trucks with Extang tonno's and like them very much.

I also have a Extang snapless, had it since '05 and it still hanging in there. I just wash with truck every week and once a month use a protectant on it.

I have the Extang 'Tuff Tono' which sits on top of the rail w/ 2 piece clips fastening the rails, the guy cut little windows in my liner.

No snaps, good warranty and it comes w/ a parts list if you do need stuff. One for my long bed was higher than a standard or shorter one. It was a little over $350.00 installed.
    Still Loyal to GM after all these years...:shocked:
    2006 Impala LT 3.5L
    2005 Silverado WT small cab/longbed 4x4 4.3L V6
    1999 Grand Am 3.4L in TX w/ our youngest
    1993 GMC Jimmy 4.3L 4 door 4x4 'Ole Rusty' - 'SOLD'
    1988 S-10 small cab/longbed HT3.4L Crate Engine
    1970 Nova 250 I-6, factory 3 sp floor shifter.
    1968 Chevelle 'Nomad' Wagon 250 I-6 w/ 3 on da' tree.

Extang was the first company to come out with a cover that had a frame system that clamped on so you didn't have to drill holes in the bed of your truck. Now everybody makes 'em.

great thanks guys this is great info. much appreciated.

I have the trifecta hard cover and really like it. I was debating on going with the soft one but to keep stuff more secure went with the hard one. The reason I like the trifecta is it folds in three sections and can easily be removed for full use of the bed.