GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default wanting get a new rod this year but not sure what to get, any ideas?

So like the title says, im inthe market for a new rod this year( my old one disappeared while I was in the army) im looking at doing any where from sunfish to northern fishing, not huge fish but good sze fish... I was looking at the X factor rods.... any input would be greatly appreciated thanks guys!
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

I wish i could give you some input here but i haven't done any fishing since i was a kid.I'm hoping someone on here will give you some ideas
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Thanks! Ya its been a long time probably about 5 or so years since I have and it feels like I never have fished before with all the stuff they have out now a days.

Legend
    Blog Entries

What kind of fish Sarge & what is the approximate weight of these critters? I have a dozen rods here & I can't use them all at one time I'll give you one if you want it. I don't have any X factors but any of these will do the job on 5-7 lb freshwater fish.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

I mainly fish at my cabin which has anything from bass to northern..... I try for bass and pan fish mostly but evey now and again I will go for a northern just for the fight, so I need something that will be able to wrestle a northern but not a rod the size of say a great lake size/ ocean.....

Legend
    Blog Entries

I know you guys have Atlantic Salmon in the Great Lakes & they are way over 10 lbs. so these probably wouldn't survive many of those. Are you talking about Northern Pike? How much do they weigh?

Ya northern pike, umm you know I can't think of the top of my head its been so frickin long that I can't remember, I know a normal rod would do with them if that helps?!? I do have a rod that would work for the big fish salmon etc. I got it free when I bought my tree stand from a guy its just way to big for the fishing I wanna do

Legend
    Blog Entries

ok, most good rods are rated by the line test that should be used on them. You can land a 20 lb fish on 10 lb test line if you're carefull, but you shouldn't ever put heavier test line on a rod than what it calls for or you could break it. What lb test line do you use most of the time for these fish?

I think I used a 15 lb line.....I think...

Legend
    Blog Entries

ok, the race is over at 8 PDT so I'll go see what I have & make a list

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by