GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

I know... its funny how we went from fishing poles to racing
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Jr's been as high as 4th but spun the tires on the restart & he's back in 11th :-(
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Darn.... well it happens to the bed of em, well hopefully he can bringit back up

Blog Entries

Like you said, you can land a northern with a medium action 6 foot and 10 lbs with no problem (around here anyway). I personally use a coleman 5.5 foot with 8 pound and have landed a monster 14 lbs lake trout out of the Flathead lake. I wouldn't troll with that rod, though (on that lake anyway, I have trolled on another lake with it and was catching 2-5 lbs, 7-11 inch rainbows). Are you mainly just going to be still fishing or are you going to try trolling? I personally have better luck trolling because A) my patience sucks, so if I am moving I will tend to keep my mind occupied on my route rather than my bait and B) I have a lot better gear for trolling, lol.

I just got into fishing the summer before last, so I'm pretty new to it too. I plan on getting an ugly stick medium heavy 9 footer for my dads new lake boat, and a local outdoors shop has them with a nice reel setup for $80.

Sorry to get off the topic of racing, lol.
    Last edited by Jimmeh; 04-30-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: I mean 8 pound test, not 6, lol.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I do trolling and dock fishing my patience sucks too so ill sit on the dock as long as possible then ill hop in to the boat and start trolling...that's if im up at my lake if im any where else im probably sitting in the dock or shore, being that we don't really have road worthy trailers to haul the couple of boats we have...

Blog Entries

Yeah, I've done a lot of shore fishing, but I never have luck with it. My dad and uncle love to shore fish, but with the lakes we go to it seems like it takes them almost 45 minutes to get a bite. I can't sit for that long just staring at the end of my pole, lol.

I plan on doing a lot of catch and release this year since last summer in August I was limiting out every day that I went fishing (which was pretty much every day since I was laid off, lol) and still have probably 40 fish in the freezer, lol. It's almost nice enough to pull out my kayak though, so I'm getting REALLY excited. I've already got the fishing boat out, and my dad's working on his lake boat getting it ready, lol.

I keep rambling, but I'm super excited about fishing this year. I found a lot of honey holes last year, and most of the places I go are also where I go hunting, so I get to scout the areas, lol.

Very nice, sound like last year was a good one, I wish you luck this year, what helps with shore fishing is beer lol I hope I can get out a lot this year

Legend
    Blog Entries

I would go with a Shakespear (spelling??) IM8 any length. That will take anything that you can throw at it yet is light enough for the smaller fish as well. I actually use on for Steelhead, and Rainbows. Then i have one that has a bit heavier test on it for Northern etc. Though a good IM8 (gander has them in spades) and 8lb gama will work wonders.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Ill have to take a trip up to Gander and look, im usually either on the lakes up around 3 lakes (my cabin is on rose) or fish and or island lake and of course I can just walk down to the river since its like 100feet from me. How much does that one run?

Legend
    Blog Entries

ok Sarge, I've got a Shimano SST-1902- light action, 9 foot, 4 to 14 lb. test.

a Danielson Silver Eagle #2570-X graphite, medium to light action 7 foot. For some reason this one doesn't list the recommended test line.

Wright & McGill Eagle Claw Powerlight #PL501, 7 1/2 feet, 15-30 lb. test.This is the strongest rod of the fresh water rods I have.

Fenwick-FS 80C, 8 foot, 6 1/4 oz. 8 to 20 lb. test line.

All these rods are 2 piece, & are fiberglass except for the Danielson which is graphite. You should go online & check these model numbers cuz they should be able to tell you which is best for the weight of fish & type of fishing you want to do. I've got more in the other garage but they are older & not in as good shape & probably not worth the shipping.

Jr had to stop for fuel & finished 19th

1. Kyle Busch
    2. Denny Hamlin
    3. Kasey Kane
    4. Ragan
    5. Edwards
    Last edited by stephan; 04-30-2011 at 11:13 PM.