GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: 40's?

Question 40's?

hey guys im hopin some1 can help me out here as u all no i go big or go home lol so i was wonderin if any of u knew of a tire company that makes a good off road tire in 40x12.50R17? im liftin my rif up 4 more in. and want to run some really big meats and im hopin i dnt have to cut my fenders lol but if u gotta do it u gotta do it its all about the dirt the marines throw me money i cant spend so im goin crazy on the rig now lol thnx for the help
    Payden Parker
    '06 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    6in. Superlift F.I.T. Lift w/ Bilstein Shock upgrade
    35in. Pro Comp M/T Tires on 17in. Pro Comp Alloy Chrome Wheels U.S. Stryker Series
    AEM Brute Force Air Intake System
    Superchips FlashPaq Tuner
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Chevy 2500HD Torsion Bars
    AVS Smoked Rain Gaurds
    Paulding County, Georgia
    OC Poole USMC

THERES NOTHING LIKE THE SMELL OF A NEW TRUCK.....IN THE DIRT!

Default That is going to look sic!

Don't forget the power plant, you have to be able to turn those bad boys with power to spare! Whats under the hood?
    Terry
    2007 Suburban LT2
    #7 in a long line of Chevy trucks

With him saying go big or go home im guessing it has either a 5.7 or 6.0 or a diesel.
    Last edited by krazyballer; 07-16-2007 at 08:54 AM.

You aint gonna find a 40 in a 12.50 width. Yer gonna be in the 14.50 and up zone. To run with the 40 dawgs, yer lookin at a 3" body lift and some Bushwacker cut out fender flares along with yer lift at the very least. Even that prolly wont be enough to stuff the 40's. Then the gears, then the weak links in the drive train if yer gonna let the dawgs run off road..........
    35's to 40's is a big step. both in size, mods and cash.

To really have fun with the 40's, Dana 60's front n rear would be my choice.
    Last edited by Grynder; 07-16-2007 at 12:58 PM.
    2003 Chevy 2500HD
    4x4, Extra cab, 4 dr,
    8.1L (496 cube's !), Allison Auto
    Boy's, I said above the canyon wall's.
    Strong eye's did glow......
    It was the leader of the land baby,
    Oh my God...
    "THE GREAT WHITE BUFFALLO"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by krazyballer View Post
    With him saying go big or go home im guessing it has either a 5.7 or 6.0 or a diesel.
    Dont feget 'bout us Pup's with the 8.1L (496ci Mountain motor).
    Puttin a lil grunt in the hunt.......LOL
    345 HP, 465 Ft Lbs torque........stock !

Quote Originally Posted by Grynder View Post
    You aint gonna find a 40 in a 12.50 width. Yer gonna be in the 14.50 and up zone. To run with the 40 dawgs, yer lookin at a 3" body lift and some Bushwacker cut out fender flares along with yer lift at the very least. Even that prolly wont be enough to stuff the 40's. Then the gears, then the weak links in the drive train if yer gonna let the dawgs run off road..........
    35's to 40's is a big step. both in size, mods and cash.

To really have fun with the 40's, Dana 60's front n rear would be my choice.
    yeh im deff. revampin the whole thing solid fron axle swap then see if i cant rig up a bigger suspension lift n put about a 4 in body under there and of course ima run dana 60's its theonly way to go lol and yeh i got a 6.0 vortec max i just had the badges deleted cuz i didnt like em lol but if it comes down to it i mite swap for a deisel cuz i justlove em lol my family's been in the auto buisness for a long time and now we own a local newspaper well we've had it since 1882 so money isnt tht much of an obstacle lol plus my marines checks so yeh money wis im set i just want a bad ass off road machine built outa a new fullsize to show em how i roll lol

Too bad yer back in Georgia. If you wanna spend the $$, ship it to the west coast. Talk to the guys in Cali. at Off Road Unlimited.

If you wanna roll big,........... D'em's da guy's dat makes u roll......Just dont show'em how you spell.....LOL

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/Prod...viewtrucks.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Grynder View Post
    Dont feget 'bout us Pup's with the 8.1L (496ci Mountain motor).
    Puttin a lil grunt in the hunt.......LOL
    345 HP, 465 Ft Lbs torque........stock !

I didnt know u could put that motor in that truck haha nice. I bet it gets awsome mpg :sarcastic:

I've actually got a 502 BB(race ready, used to run the 1/4 strip) and a Dana 60 accessible to me if I really wanted to leave my tranny sittin on the side of the road. But, I don't want/need that much power in my burb, so I'll stick with the good 'ol SBC 350. I am thinking bout snaggin me a Dana 60 though
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    I've actually got a 502 BB(race ready, used to run the 1/4 strip) and a Dana 60 accessible to me if I really wanted to leave my tranny sittin on the side of the road. But, I don't want/need that much power in my burb, so I'll stick with the good 'ol SBC 350. I am thinking bout snaggin me a Dana 60 though
    But mine came from the factory with it...... : )
    Same combo used in the work horse and top kick gas chassis.
    8MPG, up hill, down hill, sideways, towing, empty.........
    but it sure is fun to drive, 'specially pullin up next to the diesel boy's on the hills.

Although I wouldnt mind a D60 conversion up front. I've got a '83 HD D44 (8 lug) sitten in my garage but thats goin under my Samurai with the 14 bolt sitting next to it.