GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default JSOC Osama Bin Laden ~ Osama Bin Killed!

Just got the word that Osama Bin Laden was killed by our boys in JSOC and the Navy Seals. Good work guys, it took 8 months to flush out all of the leads, but OBL is dead and you're the ones that put the bullet in his head.

Hats off to JSOC and the Navy Seals!

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

JSOC is credited with killing Osama Bin Laden in an operation authorized by President Barack Obama on May 1, 2011 near Islamabad, Pakistan.[

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Default JSOC Osama Bin Laden

JSOC is credited with killing Osama Bin Laden in an operation authorized by President Barack Obama on May 1, 2011 near Islamabad, Pakistan.[

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

How many members of the US military do we have on this site? Let's do the military roll call again and I might open a window for everyone who responds to get a free GMTC window decal.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Osama bin Laden -- the longtime leader of al Qaeda -- was killed by U.S. forces in a mansion outside the Pakistani capital of Islamabad along with other family members, a senior U.S. official told CNN.

U.S. officials have taken custody of bin Laden's body, Obama said. No Americans were harmed in the operation, he added.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Blog Entries

Three cheers for our men and women in uniform, especially those in the special ops and JSOC tonight. JOB WELL DONE!

I guess I'm like everyone else when I jumped on here tonight to learn more about JSOC and the special ops.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...y/dod/jsoc.htm
    Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) is officially described as a "joint headquarters designed to study special operations requirements and techniques; ensure interoperability and equipment standardization; plan and conduct joint special operations exercises and training; and develop joint special operations tactics" but this description is economical with the truth. Joint Special Operations Command serves as a standing Joint Special Operations Task Force responsible for unique special missions: execution, planning, training, tactics, and equipment development. Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) was established in 1980 and is located at Pope Air Force Base, North Carolina and at nearby Fort Bragg, NC. JSOC is a joint headquarters designed to study special operations requirements and techniques; ensure interoperability and equipment standardization; plan and conduct joint special operations exercises and training; and develop joint special operations tactics.
    Clint
    Rockwall, Texas

2008 Suburban 4WD BEAST! plus a couple of other Chevy rides!

Legend
    Blog Entries

I'm wondering how the Pakastanis are going to talk their way out of this one. They've been hiding him for ( X? number of years) & telling us he was in the tribal mountains of Afganistahn. Yeah right
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    I'm wondering how the Pakastanis are going to talk their way out of this one. They've been hiding him for ( X? number of years) & telling us he was in the tribal mountains of Afganistahn. Yeah right
    Well, no telling what they've been doing and for how long they've been doing it. Looks like Bin Laden may have just moved recently (story is still developing) and our JSOC command was able to get a tip that he moved just outside of Islamisbad.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Wow, burial at sea, already, didn't see that coming! I guess in large sense this al makes sense for several reasons, but it will open up a lot of questions in the long run about making certain we got the right guy.

Deciding what to do with Osama bin Laden's body appears to have been
    quickly resolved if reports that he has been buried at sea prove correct.

Burying him on land could have led to his grave becoming a centre of
    contention as well as raising questions about where he should be buried.

"Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted
    terrorist would have been difficult," a US official said, adding: "So the US
    decided to bury him at sea."

Fears about Bin Laden's burial place turning into a shrine for Islamists were
    probably unfounded, since the Wahhabi/Salafi tradition rejects such things. Even
    Saudi kings are buried in unmarked graves.

Senior US officials initially told news agencies that his body would be
    disposed of in accordance with Islamic tradition, which involves ritual washing,
    shrouding and burial within 24 hours.

Although the swift burial complies with Islamic custom and should therefore
    avoid causing any offence in Muslim countries, the apparent haste could lead to
    claims that the person killed was not really Bin Laden though the US
    authorities have taken DNA samples and appear to have no doubts.

The 24-hour rule has not always been applied by the US in the past. For
    example, the bodies of Uday and Qusay Hussein sons of the Iraqi dictator
    were held for 11 days before being released for burial.

Burial at sea is rare in Islam, though several Muslim websites say it is
    permitted in certain circumstances.

One is on a long voyage where the body may decay before the ship reaches
    land. The other is if there is a risk of enemies digging up a land grave and
    exhuming or mutilating the body a rule that could plausibly be applied in Bin
    Laden's case.

For sea burial, according to alislam.org, the body should be lowered into the
    water "in a vessel of clay or with a weight tied to its feet". The website adds:
    "As far as possible it should not be lowered at a point where it is eaten up
    immediately by the sea predators."

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

I think that weighing all of the options, now that we got him this was the best way to do it. It was sudden, it was quick, he's dead and identified and buried at sea so no one can come after him to make a shrine or anything regarding his body.

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

I just read this account summary of the story.

Details of exactly how the raid unfolded remain murky. But the al-Qaida courier, his brother and one of bin Laden's sons were killed. No Americans were injured. Senior administration officials will only say that bin Laden "resisted." And then the man behind the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil died from an American bullet to his head.

It was mid-afternoon in Virginia when Panetta and his team received word that bin Laden was dead. Cheers and applause broke out across the conference room.
    Some people call me the space cowboy ... some people don't.

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Just picked it up
    2007 Chevy Colorado Just traded her in!

Hats off!!!!! To all past and present Vets!!!! I sleep free because of your watch!!!!!
    1998 K1500 Ext. Cab 4.3 5spd
    Amsoil, CIA

2007 Harley Davidson Vrod
    Amsoil, Vance & Hines 2into1, K&N Topless,
    Screamin Eagle Racetuner, StageII cams,
    Carbon fiber front fender, and a few more lil goodies:wink:

This story just keeps getting weirder and more bizzare all the time. NO WONDER President Obama didn't close down Gitmo! If they would have closed it down and granted legal access to the terrorists that are there then they would have tipped off people in their own mini-terrorist or even al-Quaita itself that they spilled the beans on giving up the goose on Osama.

I don't think they're going to release the photos of Bin Laden dead, it's just going to stir up more resentment for the radicals, but that's the world that we live in.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

heh, JSOC is actually not to far from me here at Ft. Story, nice to see some local boys took out Osama.

Proud to be a Spc. in the US ARMY.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

right on sierraowner5.3. im a e-4 as well, hopefully making cutoff soon
    Last edited by jbjohnson92f; 05-03-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast