GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Air temperature sensor

Hi,

I have been told after lots of trying different things that the starting issue I have with my truck is a new air temperature sensor is needed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	25492
    The screwdriver in the picture points to what I need but trying to find a source for this part is'nt proving too easy. Its held in place by two screws and has a black flip type of connector. After being told it could be a new starter motor or dis cap it apparently is just a simple sensor like this that seems to be a problem. Can anyone here point me in the right direction to purchase this part please?

Hope you can help.

Thank you very much.

Steve

What year truck and engine???

Hi,

I have a 96' 5.7lt V8 auto 2dr extra cab. I have a new air temperature sensor and idle temperature sensor on it way to me so hopefully these will help towards sorting the proble, also changing plugs and fuel filter.

What I would really like to do is raise it up by a few inches but having no look in obtaining advice and parts over here in the UK. A full suspension lift for severe off roading is more than I want to do, just wanting a higher look. I see by your pic that you have done this sort of thing to your truck, any advice you could pass on please?

Any help will be apppreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi all,

I posted ages ago about starting problems with my truck and I know a few have mentioned a few possibilities. I am happy to say that it was the engine coolant temperature sensor after trrying many things. Too much fuel being put in when it wasnt needed. Unfortunatly spen a couple of hundred pounds on various parts and it turned out to be be something that cost about fifteen pounds. Anyway, all seems to be well now, just fitted some Genenral Grabbers so it now looks even better.

Steve