GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How about this GM Customer Service:

Being a new owner of a 99 Sierra (3 years ago). I started having tons of problems with fuel system. The more I dug in the more I learned this is a big problem with GM Trucks, not just a 99 issue. So my question is where was the Quality Control for all those years and the zillions of posts on the internet showing replaced fuel pumps and all other manners of repairing the fuel system. To me, the fuel system is one of the most fundamental parts of a vehicle and it looks to me like GM has had major problems with this... Why should I buy a new GM Truck if the fuel system issues haven't been resolved? And why did GM allow this to go on for so long. In all my years working on automobiles (circa 1973), the fuel system was NEVER a major issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wpauli View Post
    You are driving a 1999 Silverado and you have the audacity to complain about people spending real money on new GM trucks with real issues? Give me a break...
    Wpauli......My Reply was NOT Directed at you......it is Directed at.....Coach24......just about Every Post and/or Reply From him has been Negative towards G.M./Chevy,

And.......That's Right I do Have a 99" Silverado.......and spended My Hard Earned....REAL MONEY ON BUYING IT BRAND NEW!!.....And it had some Real issues......But I DID NOT Go On A Site......Bitch and Cry About it !!!....and being Rude to are G.M Rep. Tricia as Coach24 has been.

Edit.....Take a Look at Reply #5.....
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 05-25-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Added Infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

You are driving a 1999 Silverado and you have the audacity to complain about people spending real money on new GM trucks with real issues? Give me a break...
    What makes you assume that Mike does not have a 2011 3500 LTZ Duramax sitting in his driveway??

________2013 4C Rated__________

Good one Alston!!

Do these people expect all their problems to disappear if they post them on the internet? Don't they realize that this is the G.M. truck club, a place where you are going to find brand loyalty touted almost to a fault? Sure my truck has things I don't like about it, but you are going to find that no matter what brand you buy, I've had them all, Ford, Dodge and G.M. Some days they all sucked and most days they were the greatest trucks ever built. If a little cab noise is all you got to bitch about take a look at the flood/tornado ravaged midwest and maybe you'll get some perspective on whats important.
    Adam

Legend
    Blog Entries

If you think Mikes truck is old, then maybe you'd like to share your thoughts on mine....
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Good one Alston!!
    Thanks STB!

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Do these people expect all their problems to disappear if they post them on the internet? Don't they realize that this is the G.M. truck club, a place where you are going to find brand loyalty touted almost to a fault? Sure my truck has things I don't like about it, but you are going to find that no matter what brand you buy, I've had them all, Ford, Dodge and G.M. Some days they all sucked and most days they were the greatest trucks ever built. If a little cab noise is all you got to bitch about take a look at the flood/tornado ravaged midwest and maybe you'll get some perspective on whats important.
    Amen to that Rev Adam!

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Well Said Adam!!....

As I've stated on this site before, when I was a SnapOn tool distributor I called on all the dealers service departments. The Ford service departments ALWAYS had a brand new car/truck in the service bay, some with as little as 150miles on them with the engine out of the vehicle. Most had the rods sticking out the oil pan or the engine block side. Imagine how those vehicle owners felt. It was very rare to see this in a GM service department.

Legend

Ok, boys and girls. Thread's closed. This section has been made available as an additional outlet to allow GM customers access to GM help. This is not the proper outlet for this kind of conversation. If you have issues with GM or your GM based product, your best bet is to do as you say, start your class action lawsuit if there is in fact a reason to do so. Talk is cheap, and accomplishes nothing. Take action if you feel you've been wronged. Consider this your warning on this topic.

Any additional posts of a disparaging, or inflammatory nature will give me cause to relieve you of your right to converse in this forum. In other words, I'll be happy to drop the ban hammer on you.
    Have a nice day.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12