GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 30k mile check up

Hey everyone,
    What kind of things does the dealership do for a 30k mile check up? I have a 2008 silverado.
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

You take them out to dinner thats about it... If they do it for free fine... Don't waste your money... Clean your Mafs, New air filter,rotate your tires thats about it...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

i dont know about a chevy dealer, but when i worked for a KIA dealer it was air, oil and fuel filters, spark plugs and drain and refill all fluids
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    You take them out to dinner thats about it... If they do it for free fine... Don't waste your money... Clean your Mafs, New air filter,rotate your tires thats about it...

My bad, I meant to say that I was going to do it myself, cause they charge way too much to do anything. The only time I go to the dealership is if I need to do something warranty related, only if they are going to do something for free. Paying for anything at the dealership is crazy!!
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

I would recommend following the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual. You can find this information beginning on page 6-5 of your owner's manual. If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.