Hello Forum!

This is my first posting on the forum, and it shall serve as a brief introduction too. My Christian name is John, my friends prefer to use the nickname JT, but my sign on name is mvtofino, which was the name of our classic 67' wooden powerboat. M.V. Tofino was powered by a pair of 6-71 Series Jimmy diesels coupled to an Allison Hydraulic Reverse Gear turning a single, 38 inch, four bladed propeller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tofino01.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	27182 

We currently own a Pace Arrow Elegante "J" 27' Class A motorhome which is built on a Chevrolet P-30 Forward Controls 1 ton chassis and is powered by a GM 6.2 liter (379 CID) V-8 diesel engine with a Turbo-Hydramatic 400 automatic transmission and a 4:11 rear end with dual wheels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7200046.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	27183 

Our daily driver is a '96 Suzuki Sidekick 4x4 that weighs only 2,200 pounds soaking wet, gets a solid 30 miles per gallon, and tows effortlessly behind the motorhome. We also have a 1990 GMC 3/4 ton Vandura with 56,000 original kilometers on the ticker (33,500 miles...) that is parked and used as a tool storage facility.

As for myself, I'm a 61 year old retired financial consultant, a former Coast Guard Auxiliary Unit Training Officer and SAR Tech who is head-over-heels in love with his gorgeous wife of 21 years. We have 1 exceptional daughter and 3 young granddaughters. We sold the practice and our home in 1995, and began living fulltime aboard our powerboat until stage 4 oral cancer struck in 2005. We moved ashore and fought a wicked battle against almost impossible odds (10% chance of survivng treatment...) and won! I'm proud to say that I have been cancer free for the last 5+ years, however, treatment left me seriously disfigured and disabled, but every day on this side of the turf is a bonus!

We now live in a large, luxurious and absolutely fantastic 5th wheel RV that is surrounded by a forest of evergreens just a stone's throw from the Pacific Ocean in a suburb of Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. We spend a little of our time on the water or travelling in the RV, but most of it is consumed researching and repairing the motorhome!

So that is about it for the introduction. Oh yeah - I am not noted for my brevity, as I believe in providing as much information up front as is necessary to avoid confusion or misunderstanding. I have accummulated a lot of valuable information on the 6.2 liter diesel (amongst other things) and as well, have some very unique personal experiences that I would be pleased to share with other forum members as opportunities arise. I also plan to pick the minds of other forum members in order to help resolve some of the problems I frequently encounter.

Until then, I say farewell for now, and thank you all in advance for listening, helping, and being there...

Kindest regards,

JT