GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Default Discontinued part- DRAC module

    I have an 1990 suburban, need a digital ratio adapter for speedometer (part# 25073959). Anyone know where I could get one? Thanks

  2. #2

    Default

    Did you ask your locale dealer to run it on the locator to see there was any out there some place. I tried here for you but came up blank http://www.checkanumber.com/ we use this site a work alot
    Moak

    2011 Silverado Crew LT
    4x4 5.3 auto Steel Green
    riding on 20s

    2000 Polaris sportsmen 500

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks, site came up blank

  4. #4

    Default

    I have about a dozen of them. Whenever I see one in the junkyard, I compulsively grab it. Why do you need one? Did your old one break, are you changing tire sizes or gears?

    ---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

    Here's a page that might help you find one locally in a junkyard:
    http://www.tbichips.com/drac/

    The DRAC units are the same from the 80s on up to around 91 in Suburbans and up to 88 in pickups. It'll have one bank of wire jumpers at the bottom of the board. If it has 2 banks of jumpers, it's the one for the 4L60E and I can't confirm whether it'll work or not. I'm assuming you found the one in your Suburban. If not, pull the trim panel below the steering column, and reach to the right, it's clipped to the inside of the dash and takes 10 seconds to remove. That's also where they are in most pickups, though they're occasionally crammed between the glovebox and a/c box on the passenger side.
    Christopher

    1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half



    There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm sorry the site didn't help just looked I have a couple others that you can try.
    New GM part locater http://www.newgmparts.com/partlocato...?siteid=213815

    Used Parts http://www.car-part.com/

    New http://www.carpart.com/

  6. #6

    Default Candland

    I have a 1990 Suburban and also need a Drac Module #25073959. You mention that you have some modules. Do you happen to have this part number? If so, how would I go about acquiring one? Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    I have about a dozen of them. Whenever I see one in the junkyard, I compulsively grab it. Why do you need one? Did your old one break, are you changing tire sizes or gears?

    ---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

    Here's a page that might help you find one locally in a junkyard:
    GM DRAC/VSSB Calibration

    The DRAC units are the same from the 80s on up to around 91 in Suburbans and up to 88 in pickups. It'll have one bank of wire jumpers at the bottom of the board. If it has 2 banks of jumpers, it's the one for the 4L60E and I can't confirm whether it'll work or not. I'm assuming you found the one in your Suburban. If not, pull the trim panel below the steering column, and reach to the right, it's clipped to the inside of the dash and takes 10 seconds to remove. That's also where they are in most pickups, though they're occasionally crammed between the glovebox and a/c box on the passenger side.

  7. #7

    Default

    There should be a 3-letter code on the label on the top of the DRAC module, what's that code? I'll check to see if I have one. If I don't, using your original for reference, you just adjust the jumpers on the new one to match your old one and It'll reflect the right number of pulses. If you're interested in one of mine, we can figure out a price and shipping via PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    The three letter code on the label of my DRAC module is AGG. There is also a number below this that is 36AGG X305986. I am not sure this number is helpful or not but thought I would pass it along in case it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    There should be a 3-letter code on the label on the top of the DRAC module, what's that code? I'll check to see if I have one. If I don't, using your original for reference, you just adjust the jumpers on the new one to match your old one and It'll reflect the right number of pulses. If you're interested in one of mine, we can figure out a price and shipping via PM.

  9. #9

    Default

    I looked at all the modules I have, and no AGG. Luckily, that code only reflects what ratio it creates, which is changeable through some wire jumpers on the board. If you take a pic of the jummpers at the edge of the board opposite the big connectors, I can duplicate the jumper configuration and it will be the same ratio.

  10. #10

    Default Candland

    What do you think it would cost for you to (1) sell me the DRAC part and (2) make the changes?


    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    I looked at all the modules I have, and no AGG. Luckily, that code only reflects what ratio it creates, which is changeable through some wire jumpers on the board. If you take a pic of the jummpers at the edge of the board opposite the big connectors, I can duplicate the jumper configuration and it will be the same ratio.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last: 06-28-2010, 06:20 PM
  2. is the 305 and 350 engine discontinued?
    By treykelly84 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last: 02-22-2010, 11:13 AM
  3. light control module or keyless entry module
    By fd8215 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last: 05-01-2009, 08:45 AM
  4. Discontinued Fuel line Part Needed
    By joemud in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 16
    Last: 01-27-2009, 11:09 AM
  5. Trailblazer may be discontinued
    By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)
    Replies: 4
    Last: 03-13-2007, 07:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •