GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default New Kid with a Truck

Well, I'm Zach...pretty obvious by the username, huh? I'm 16, and I'm a Junior in High School. I'm a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae-Kwon-Do, and I make decent grades. My parents are still together, and they take relatively good care of me.

Now, for the thing you guys really care about. I drive a '96 Chevy Silverado, V6, 70,000+ miles on the odometer. About 5 years ago, we redid the whole engine, so it only has about 30,000 or so miles on that. It's a 5-Speed Transmission, and has minor problems like Air Conditioning and stuff like that. Not essentials, but luxuries that are appreciated.

As for my occupation, well, I'm a student. I go to school 8 to 3 every day and learn stuff I don't need in the real world.

Location should probably remain a secret, but I can tell you I'm in Northwest Arkansas.

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome!! Great bio...thanks for sharing!! You've got some low miles for having a 1996....nice. I had a 1997 2wd with 240k on it when I sold it and I had a 1997 4wd with approx 175k when I sold it...they both were in great shape and ran awesome.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Welcome aboard Zach. Let's see some pics of the truck.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club Zach
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Welcome aboard, Zach! That was an exceptional introduction. I dated a girl once who was also a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae-Kwon-Do. It was incredibly random to find out because she was just the typical, girly, sorority, college chick. lol. Anyway, congrats on your accomplishments in the art. I know it takes a lot of dedication.

As for your truck, it sounds like you've got a nice set up and it's great that you're running on such low miles with that engine rebuild! I would also love to see some pictures though. Anyway, good luck in your remaining year or so of school. I'm sure you've heard it before but trust me, you'll miss it so live it up!

See you around the forum!

welcome to the club Zach
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Welcome! Congrates on the black belt. I'm also a black belt in Tae-Kwon-Do. 1st degree however.

1995 Chevy Tahoe

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas