GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Road noise in 2011 Silverado

I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab. I notice that when I am driving, road and wind noise seem to be coming from the rear passenger side door, almost like there is a crack in the window. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the fix?

Welcome to the club. Try taking a dollar bill, fold in half long ways and close in the door along the weather strip, pull on the bill as you slide it along the weather strip, when it pulls out thats were your wind noise is. If it doesn't pull out than your leak is most likely elsewhere.

Here's a short thread about a similar problem...
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...ght=road+noise
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

We have the same problem. Contacted the dealer. They took back seats and carpet out and did something. Messed up the seatbelt but didn't fix the wind noise. Filled out questions on service satisfaction survey with many negative answers. Then we started recieving calls from GM asking what can be done to satify us. We said fix the noise , replace the truck or refund our money. LOL...They are supposed to call us back on Tuesday. We will see.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I think Sal is spot on with your noise Feb. It's the rr vent. Rather than try & sort through all 265+ posts on that link, start at approx # 240 or #250 because that is about where some of the vehicles are starting to get fixed to the customers satisfaction.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Default wind noise

I had put some round pipe insulation between the cab and the bed right next to the vents and it knocked out most of the noise. When I took it in they said it was the quietest they had ever heard and did nothing. I took it in last week again. But before I did, I took out the pipe insulation. They test drove it and ordered new parts. The parts should be in next week. They also told me that they ordered a new rear cab insulator. The tech told me he was going to replace the cab insulator, add more insulation and seal up some holes. It will take 4 - 5 hours to do the job. We shall see.

I also had a rattle which I thought was the rear seat on the pass. side. Turns out is was in the headliner above the front pass. seat. The tech put more insulation up there and the problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Welcome to the club. Try taking a dollar bill, fold in half long ways and close in the door along the weather strip, pull on the bill as you slide it along the weather strip, when it pulls out thats were your wind noise is. If it doesn't pull out than your leak is most likely elsewhere.
    thats great advise i have never thought of that.

learn something new everyday

Quote Originally Posted by jeffncherry View Post
    We have the same problem. Contacted the dealer. They took back seats and carpet out and did something. Messed up the seatbelt but didn't fix the wind noise. Filled out questions on service satisfaction survey with many negative answers. Then we started recieving calls from GM asking what can be done to satify us. We said fix the noise , replace the truck or refund our money. LOL...They are supposed to call us back on Tuesday. We will see.
    I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to keep me posted regarding your concerns. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to keep me posted regarding your concerns. Thank you in advance.

What does it mean - keep me posted? Are you able to get the problem corrected or are you going to tell us sorry, can't fix it? Saw your post in another thread about the noise and so far you haven't said anything but sorry. We paid a lot of money for these trucks. We don't want sorry ------ we want a fix.
    Last edited by feb; 07-06-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feb View Post
    What does it mean - keep me posted? Are you able to get the problem corrected or are you going to tell us sorry, can't fix it? Saw your post in another thread about the noise and so far you haven't said anything but sorry. We paid a lot of money for these trucks. We don't want sorry ------ we want a fix.
    I would be happy to look into this further for you. Do you have a case number? In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by