GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Rubbing noise when rolling down driver side window

Hi,
    I just bought an 08 Silverado and am noticing a rubbing/screeching noise when rolling down the drivers window. It happens when the window gets about halfway down and only for a quick second, but it is a little annoying. Could this be an easy fix or is it going to be a project?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eanderse View Post
    Hi,
    I just bought an 08 Silverado and am noticing a rubbing/screeching noise when rolling down the drivers window. It happens when the window gets about halfway down and only for a quick second, but it is a little annoying. Could this be an easy fix or is it going to be a project?

Thanks!
    Try cleaning the felt strip that the window slides against....some times dirt get trapped in there....its a good idea to clean it out anuway sionce the dirt can end up cutting ugly grooves in your glass.

I have an 08 Sierra and I have noticed I am getting some noise maybe from the roller track becoming loose...I need to pop the door panel and take a look. Actually I have noticed all my windows are not as "tight" in the roller track anymore, however, this may something to do with the decibel level in my truck at times

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I would also recommend cleaning the area around the window and seeing if this helps the noise. There is also the possibility that something has shifted and is causing the rubbing that you are hearing. In order to get a proper diagnosis for the concern, I would recommend contacting your local dealership. Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.