GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Another Avenue for Rectifying Problems

I installed a supercharger on my 4.3L earlier this year. Because I'm running a 5 speed manual trans, the S/C was not compatible with my set up. When I would disengage the clutch the engine would surge 500-700 rpms due to slow idle decay. I tried working with the owner of the company and we were unable to resolve the problem. It got to the point of where he would not answer emails and I always had to call him to get a non answer to fixing the problem. I was strung along to the point that when I wanted to return the unit for a refund less his 25% restocking fee he refused due to being over the time limit.
    Here's where it gets good! I found an office of the Better Business Bureau in the city where he operates. He is not a BBB memeber but they, the BB, will take the complaint. It was a matter of a very few days of filing my complaint when he called me and wanted to settle the matter. I don't know what they said or did but it worked. I thought I'd share this in case it might help someone with solving a problem.

sorry you had the issue. kinda sucks it didnt work with the manual trans. glad that atleast fixed the return issue, but not the fact that the s/c didnt work.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Legend

Blog Entries

Glad you got some traction through the BBB...that's not always common if the respective business is not a member.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

That stinks. You'd expect a s/c to work better with a manual tranny. What are your plans now, turbo, supercharger or...?
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

down here in san diego businesses dont have to be members to get rated any more, so maybe that helps because they are still getting bad marks if someone looks them up.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Legend
    Blog Entries

Just for future refrence (as in, I probably won't be wanting to do any business with this company what was the name of the company that sold you the SC & then blew you off ? Was it the owner of the SC that manufacturers it, or a middleman, dealer/distributor selling it that gave you the run around?
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    down here in san diego businesses dont have to be members to get rated any more, so maybe that helps because they are still getting bad marks if someone looks them up.
    That's good news...maybe the have all implemented that change?!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I was wondering if the S/C company said it would work with the 5spd. manual or were you the test subject??

The company was Wynjammer. The owner/manufacturer is a likeable fellow who really likes to chat and chat and chat! He told me more than once that he never had a customer with a problem as I was experiencing. However, during the whole FUBAR process I contacted the company that provide the re-programmed computer because I thought that might be part of the problem. They advised me they had people with manual tranny's that experienced the problem before. (It didn't resonate with the company owner when I advised him of this.) When I purchased the S/C, I specifically noted the 5 spd. manual as part of the way my truck is set up. The owner did not say anything about it not working with my tranny. Overall, I sorta feel like my truck was an experiment. And I am very dissappointed that it did not work out. I don't have any immediate plans for a S/C in the near future. Nor a turbo as that is a bit out of my league. I will try keeping abreast for what's out there for some better though.
    When I was "diddy-boppin' " around on the BBB the site it mentioned they are willing to take on a complaint wether the complaintant was a member or not.
    Last edited by Goldie; 05-13-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: misspelling