GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

Default I went fishing today...

I will first start this by saying I didn't catch squat.

So after putting my headache rack and my tool box back on (painted the rack), I decided to head on down to my favorite lake and try kayak fishing. When I got there, the boat launch was a total mess, as somebody had gotten stuck there a few days ago, and it was just a rutted, muddy mess. Needless to say, I had to pack the kayak down from the parking area. With my kayak on my shoulder, and my other free hand holding my fishing pole, I started through the mess, and ended up slipping and going down. Needless to say, what came afterwards was what looked to be a serious case of what my buddy affectionately called "Mud Butt":

And, since I only stayed for a short while after that, I decided to grab some pics of the truck before I came home to change and work on my garage. Here they are for ya:

And here is a picture of just the headache rack. Two coats of Rust-Oleum's truck bed coating, FYI:

2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

So I'm loving that spot where you intended on fishing! Nice truck pics btw!

Picture tip: From what I can tell you're trying to go for the 4x4 look with your truck (looks great!) but try to get a lower stance when taking pics to put emphasis on the height of the truck. Beautiful truck regardless though!

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

Nice spot for fishing. The truck is looking good too. Mud butt is better than mud face.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
    So I'm loving that spot where you intended on fishing! Nice truck pics btw!

Picture tip: From what I can tell you're trying to go for the 4x4 look with your truck (looks great!) but try to get a lower stance when taking pics to put emphasis on the height of the truck. Beautiful truck regardless though!
    Believe it or not, but I was on one knee in the first picture of the truck, and the second picture I backed up a ways on a hill. It's the way the truck is parked.

And it is a Four wheel drive, lol. No need to go with the look when you got it ;)

I still have yet to figure out what makes your truck look so good!!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Blog Entries

I think it's just the fact that it's probably the best body style GM ever thought of. I just love every body line, curve and corner of these trucks.

Legend

Blog Entries

Your truck really does look great in that beautiful background...I hope you were able to keep that mud off your seats.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Blog Entries

Yeah, I ended up using a rain jacket I had in my tool box and sat on it, plus I have washable seat covers. I literally just vacuumed out the truck right before I went fishing too, lol.

I think the color matched grille and mirrors really make the truck look clean. The headache rack looks good as well
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Legend

Blog Entries

It looks like you got the worst of it....I can't wait to get out in some woods/mountains. We just received several more inches of snow in the mountains here, so it appears I'll have a few more weeks to wait before the good trails open up.

btw...one of the things that I notice and really like about your truck is the front bowtie and how it matches with the other black and really stands out from the chrome and white. I agree with Nathan, and that there's something about your truck that makes it look different in a great way.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 05-13-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by