GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 78 of 379 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Sleeping all day? Who has time for that? I'm changing some of my courses now, and I did a bunch of stuff on my truck today to get ready for tomorrow's road trip... except that the other guy who's driving now wants all 6 of us & our gear to go in his <$2000 van on a trip that will take us through the Roger's Pass (well-known for bad winter driving conditions) instead of 3 in the van and 3 in the superior Avalanche.

Erica next...

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Not Erica
    I would stick with the safer venue
    Pmf next
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Yep, me again. Still contemplating.... depending on what the van is like when I get there tomorrow, I might have to pass on the trip. My gut says not to go in the van if it is the way I am imagining it (haven't actually seen it but I know what his budget was and what that gets you around here), but we're all students so the others want to save money and I cant afford the cost or fallout with the others of taking my truck myself.

Coach next.

How many can you fit in the avalanche ?
    I would think you vehicle would be safest and most reliable.
    I am with you in bailing if it is to sketchy?Pmf is next

I can fit 5 in the Avy. This is the situation where I wish it had the rest of the back on it (aka. Suburban). I honestly don't know what to do here since I haven't seen the van yet, but I know that either way it would be safer to take my newer, known-maintained 4wd truck. Even as just a second vehicle just in case something happens along the way. On the other hand, we are students and on a budget so if everyone else wants to save ~$60 each, there's not much I can do about that because I can't pick up the $350-$400 it would probably take in gas to take my own truck. So.... I guess I'll have to see the van in the morning when I get there and make the decision then.

On the other hand, if it happens to be a minivan instead of a full-size van, I know that there is no reasonable way to fit 6 people and their ski gear in it.

surrealone next

You said that becaue you were lurking on chat and knew I was up (don't think I didnt' see you hanging around)! Sarge next.

Quote Originally Posted by surrealone View Post
    You said that becaue you were lurking on chat and knew I was up (don't think I didnt' see you hanging around)! Sarge next.
    Now you're getting it...

surrealone's still on chat, so he'll be back next

Nope but I am thinking sarge will show up
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I'm here now... Sorry Serge is next
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sarge must have KP duty.
    Chrome next