GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default DIC installed today with walkthrough pics.

I finally had a chance to install my DIC this afternoon and decided to take some pictures.

Head on over to my photobucket page to check out the process. http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...0install/edit/

Picture descriptions left to the right. There is also a description in each of the pictures.
    1:The pic of the rear of my truck
    2:Before
    3:Removed the fuse door.
    4:Starting in the upper right of the panel and working counterclockwise popped each of the clips out.
    5:Before I unplugged the cables. Circled in yellow is the plug for the DIC. It's plugged into a null plug for storage.
    6:Before I removed the Highlight switch. If you look right above the top left of the headlight switch module you can see the null plug the DIC cable was plugged into.
    7:Pop the Headlight module out by releasing this clips.
    8:Pop the Headlight module out by releasing this clips.
    9:The headlight module installed into the new DIC panel.
    10:Connect the cables to the appropriate modules and start re-seating the new panel. Make sure to get the bottom lip of the panel behind the kick plate before you start clipping it in. It makes things a lot easier if you start from the bottom right and work from bottom right to upper left. and if you can reach in behind the panel through the fuse panel and pull the cables back through the hole so they wont get pinched.
    11:A picture taken halfway through re-installation of the panel.
    12: FINISHED!
    13:Comparison picture.

I hope this can help yall with your future install of your DIC.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Pics of my truck can be found here: http://goo.gl/0AYwB

I was going to do a how to on this but realized Vincennes did a great pic and how to guide in the how to - members write ups section on the tech page
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Darn your right... If I would have seen that before I wouldn't have stepped on his toes haha. Oh well that album has high resolution pics of my truck than the site will allow me to post of in it so its cool to have linked just for that.

this was the best $85 bucks i have spent on my truck so far. love having all the info right at my fingertips from the DIC. it's crazy it is not a standard item in all the trucks. The only thing i don't like about mine is that i have a rattle or squeak from it, i need to remove it and reinstall to make sure i don't have something in there that is flapping around. it is pretty annoying, but everything works correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by bacon89 View Post
    Darn your right... If I would have seen that before I wouldn't have stepped on his toes haha. Oh well that album has high resolution pics of my truck than the site will allow me to post of in it so its cool to have linked just for that.
    Yeah, thanks a lot, Bacon! Hahaha. Hey, I don't care. Like you, I was doing it anyway so I figured I may as well snap some pics along the way and share some insight. Everyone has a different experience, though so you're not going to hurt my feelings by adding your experiences. Great step list, buddy!

What is the DIC?
    '07 Chevy Silverado Classic

PERFORMANCE
    -K&N Intake
    -Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer
    -Thrush Muffler
    -Bully Dog Triple GT Programmer
    5.3L V8
    LOOKS
    -3" Spindle Lift
    -Tint
    -Blacked Out Rims
    -Blacked Out Taillights
    SOUND
    -2 Kicker CVT 12s
    -Rockford Fosgate 6.5"
    -500 Alpine Mono Block
    -Pioneer 6.5" Touch Screen
    -2 Boss Tweeters
    SOON!
    -3.73 gears

Quote Originally Posted by Chad513 View Post
    What is the DIC?
    DIC stands for Driver Information Center.

It is a series of buttons that, when installed, allows you to access computer functions that were inaccessible before. Functions include: average fuel economy, Active Fuel Management (AFM) monitoring, transmission temperature, door chime volume adjustment, timer, etc.

It's a ~$80 plug-and-play upgrade for NNBS trucks (07+-11). Hope this helps.

Default DIC for w/t?

hey Bacon 89, my sierra is 2011 W/T. do you think the DIC would work with my truck?

thanks, tevo56

Legend

Blog Entries

I'm 99% sure it will plug right in....at least it does for the 2007 to 2010 NNBS; I don't see the 2011 as being any different, but let's see how others respond.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by tevo56 View Post
    hey Bacon 89, my sierra is 2011 W/T. do you think the DIC would work with my truck?

thanks, tevo56
    I have an '09 Silverado W/T and it works fine with it. very handy option that doesn't cost much at all. just pop off the old piece of trim and the wire is plugged into a dummy plug. plug in the DIC, move your light switch and pop them into the new trim and reinstall. takes about 10 minutes or less.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by