GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Iran building rocket bases in Venezuela

The US soon will be in range of Iranian rockets, will our Pres take a stand like President Kennedy? It is high time we show Iran our wrath, we have been ***** footing around for about 30 years.

http://www.jpost.com/International/A...aspx?id=220879
    Happy 2 Wheeler!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Chavez is a loose cannon. It's about time we showed him the Bin Laden exit door
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Master Mechanic

maybe we should think about getting out of the wars were already in before starting another one though lol. I guess at this point we might as well declare war against the middle east in general...that's the way it's heading. And who knows when good ol crazy man kim jong il will go ballistic again and set things off in north korea, we may be spreading ourselves a bit thin...

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

I always doubt reports like this one.WHAT IS THE UPSIDE FOR IRAN OR VENEZUELA??

We have maybe 3000-5000 nukes-many of which could be delivered within a few feet of anywhere in Venezuela or Iran.
    Iran has ZERO- probably won't have more than 10 deliverable to the USA(from Venezuela) in the next 10 years.Besides there is a fair chance we could actually shoot down the tiny number they would be able to launch.Not that it would ever come to that-we would destroy the base waaaay before it was a threat.
    If we got word that they actually installed one in Venezuela what do you think would happen to Venezuela?
    Chavez would have ZERO doubt about that-heck we attacked and occupied Iraq and they never even threatened us.Heck we hung their leader!!
    This looks like some BS to me.
    There isn't any plus side for the Iranians or Venezuela.
    Pure BS- just because it is written doesn't mean it is true.
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    I always doubt reports like this one.WHAT IS THE UPSIDE FOR IRAN OR VENEZUELA??

We have maybe 3000-5000 nukes-many of which could be delivered within a few feet of anywhere in Venezuela or Iran.
    Iran has ZERO- probably won't have more than 10 deliverable to the USA(from Venezuela) in the next 10 years.Besides there is a fair chance we could actually shoot down the tiny number they would be able to launch.Not that it would ever come to that-we would destroy the base waaaay before it was a threat.
    If we got word that they actually installed one in Venezuela what do you think would happen to Venezuela?
    Chavez would have ZERO doubt about that-heck we attacked and occupied Iraq and they never even threatened us.Heck we hung their leader!!
    This looks like some BS to me.
    There isn't any plus side for the Iranians or Venezuela.
    Pure BS- just because it is written doesn't mean it is true.
    Charlie
    I believe it for a few reasons, one, ahmadinejad (iranian leader) is allies with chavez (Venezuelan leader), not only allies, but great friends and equal haters of the u.s.

2nd reason, chavez has for a long time now accused the u.s. of flying drones in his country, staging coupes with the brazilians, and getting ready for war against him, he's pretty dilusional, just like ahmadinejad is. he probably believes that we are just seconds away from invading his crappy little country. (we do have a brazilian base, but not for anything to do with Venezuela as far as I know anyways lol.

3rd reason, both leaders are about as crazy and unpredictable as kim jong il on a meth bender, he probably thinks that he could take us out with his army just like saddam thought he could, dilusional, simply dilusional.

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside