GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: Why do you wear a seat belt?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear my seat belt, safety first!

164 70.39%
  • I usually do when I think of it, or if I'm reminded to.

18 7.73%
  • I rarely wear my seat belt unless someone nags me about it.

5 2.15%
  • I never wear a seat belt, I think they're unsafe.

9 3.86%
  • I wear my seat belt just to stop the annoying reminder chime, otherwise I'd never wear it.

8 3.43%
  • I would wear it, but I'm a rebel. I won't be told what to do (Click-it or Ticket)

5 2.15%
  • I wear my seat belt just so I don't get a fine.

23 9.87%
  • My vintage vehicle doesn't have seat belts.

1 0.43%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Blog Entries

Default WARNING!!! Graphic photo's NSW!

My cousin works for the SLC Sheriff's Dept. and sent this to me to share with my 16 year old who recently got his license.

You are about to view some extremely graphic pictures- don't say you weren't warned. Consider those who first responded to the accident. NOT EMS or THE POLICE, the BYSTANDERS who saw something horrific and tried to help.

The Orange County Register

Nicole Catsouras, 18, of Ladera Ranch was killed Tuesday afternoon when her black Porsche 911 Carrera clipped a Honda she was trying to pass on the right at more than 100 mph on the Eastern (241) Toll Road, the California Highway Patrol said. Catsouras was driving southbound near Alton Parkway when she suddenly switched lanes and lost control of the Porsche, CHP officials said, and then cut across the center median, careened across several lanes of traffic and crashed into a tollbooth. The 20-year-old driver of the Honda was taken to a local hospital and treated for minor injuries. The cause of the accident is under investigation.

How are they going to get the victim out?

Gasoline, transmission and engine oil, windshield washer fluid, radiator coolant, brake fluid.

Bodily fluids.

Think there will be an open or closed casket?

MAYBE NOW YOU WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE DRIVING LIKE AN IDIOT....THIS COULD BE YOU, SOMEONE YOU LOVE OR A STRANGER.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Believe me when I tell you this is a world wide problem. I drive all day long and the aggressive driving is definitely on the increase. Even the average driver in an average car going no friggin' place in particular, acting like a complete a$$ and endangering lives. They don't even think twice. Look at Jeff Gordon he was a whiny little brat, until he got a good taste of the wall...suddenly he's a man that respects the car. Go figure. I hope nobody is offended by Darcy's post. Myself, people need a reality check. Your driving to the store for groceries, man. Slow down, pick the appropriate lane, relax, belt up and have respect for other vehicles. Arrive alive! There's no place for BS on the the roads. Take it to the track, tough guy!

WTG Darcy! Wake up North America! Penialize drivers/operators not the car!

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    Slow down, pick the appropriate lane, relax, belt up and have respect for other vehicles. Arrive alive! There's no place for BS on the the roads. Take it to the track, tough guy!

WTG Darcy! Wake up North America! Penialize drivers/operators not the car!
    You summed it all up right there!

Default wimpy wimpy wimpy

Never wore one, never will. My choice, my right. nuff said

Thumbs up

Seatbelts are the law in Maryland. Everyone I know wears it. But now that I'm in Florida, it's a totally different story. It's the law, but sadly not enforced. Since moving here, there is newsstory after newsstory about people who have lost their lives because they weren't wearing their seatbelt..... especially high school kids. I used to hate wearing it and even got a ticket for it, but now I feel naked without it. It really does save lives.

Jr. Apprentice

Exclamation Seatbelts

I was in a big truck CRASH & BURN about 9 years ago. If I was not belted in I wouldn't be here now.Also I was a wrecker driver for about 1 1/2 years I witness a lot of accidents that were complete totals. and the drivers and passengers walked 98% percent of the time when belted in.

I work with airbags and their sensors all day. If you don't wear your seatbelt, and your car has airbags, you will die in a bad accident. The bags will blow and snap your neck or worse. Airbags are not to be used without seatbelts. Those that want to be "thrown clear" are retarded (or soon will be). Seatbelts will save your life almost all the time. Those select few accidents that you're better off being ejected are not a good enough reason. Sorry to get on my soapbox, no flaming intended. Just want to warn people, cause I like getting good feedback from all of you... I need you around to respond to my stupid questions.

MW

Default Brain damage

My brother in law jumped in the car to just run down the road for a coffee. Who needs a seat belt for that, right? Some woman ran into him, smashing him into a pole, he got tossed all over the car.
    Result, Brain Injury, long term disability, often confused, memory loss, not good.
    Always where my seat belt since then

Jr. Apprentice

Default Seatbelts; To wear or not to wear

I have not been a frequent visitor here, but wish to enter an opinion on this topic;

Having been a "Firefighter/EMT-I" for 30 years, and being the Captain of an Engine Company that covered a 20 mile stretch of Interstate 35 running North and South in Central Oklahoma. I can assure you that after all this time, "SEAT BELTS" Save lives! How they save lives is simple;

"Properly Worn" restraints keep the occupants IN the Vehicle, there by removing 95% (ninety-five) of the chance of the occupants, being Run- over/Rolled-over by the Vehicle. Sadly, some people are killed while wearing a Seat Belt. We Humans, have yet to create anything that is "Always / Fail proof" Sadly spoken.

The reality most fail/never get to see, "NEARLY EVERYONE" of the single/multi-vehicle Accidents I worked where the occupant(s) where thrown from the vehicle:
    The OCCUPANT DIED!!!

There were cases where they were just thrown around in the vehicle but remained inside and died.
    Some were lucky and still live with the terror, but they are ALIVE due to staying in the vehicle.

In closing I like the ODDS of staying in the vehicle, and having a 90% survival
    Rate, versus 95% DEATH Rate during a "Rollover/Flip Accident.

Not Wearing your "seat belt is Illegal" in every state state I know of, across America.

" Click It ", we can't collect on the Ticket if Your "DEAD"!
    LYNNEKA

Quote Originally Posted by fyrecap478 View Post
    I have not been a frequent visitor here, but wish to enter an opinion on this topic;

Having been a "Firefighter/EMT-I" for 30 years, and being the Captain of an Engine Company that covered a 20 mile stretch of Interstate 35 running North and South in Central Oklahoma. I can assure you that after all this time, "SEAT BELTS" Save lives! How they save lives is simple;

"Properly Worn" restraints keep the occupants IN the Vehicle, there by removing 95% (ninety-five) of the chance of the occupants, being Run- over/Rolled-over by the Vehicle. Sadly, some people are killed while wearing a Seat Belt. We Humans, have yet to create anything that is "Always / Fail proof" Sadly spoken.

The reality most fail/never get to see, "NEARLY EVERYONE" of the single/multi-vehicle Accidents I worked where the occupant(s) where thrown from the vehicle:
    The OCCUPANT DIED!!!

There were cases where they were just thrown around in the vehicle but remained inside and died.
    Some were lucky and still live with the terror, but they are ALIVE due to staying in the vehicle.

In closing I like the ODDS of staying in the vehicle, and having a 90% survival
    Rate, versus 95% DEATH Rate during a "Rollover/Flip Accident.

Not Wearing your "seat belt is Illegal" in every state state I know of, across America.

" Click It ", we can't collect on the Ticket if Your "DEAD"!
    LYNNEKA
    God bless the work you do. We have a few here sounding off. Feel free to post in there.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6615

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by