GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Rim size

  1. #1
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valdosta, ga
    Posts
    37

    Default Rim size

    Hey everyone I am new here but I need an answer on something. I have a 05 Z71 four door that has 17 inch rims. I want to buy different rims however, I can't find my rim width anywhere.

    Any help with this is much appreciated.

  2. #2

    Default

    Stock 17" rims are 7.5" wide. I'm running 20" X 8.5" rims on my '05
    Last edited by adampaul1964; 05-18-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Adam


  3. #3
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valdosta, ga
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Thanks so much Adam. So my truck is ok tp put 8 inch rims on?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ71 View Post
    Thanks so much Adam. So my truck is ok tp put 8 inch rims on?

    It should be fine with the 8" rims! i had 20"x9" on my last truck which was an 2003. the only thing to be careful with is the backspacing and offset. i dont know enough to tell you much about either of those but i do know that the backspacing and offset will affect how wide or how tucked the rims fit your truck. i am sure there are plenty of people on here that can help you out with those two things!


    J. Roy
    2010 Silverado Z71 4x4
    33/12.50/R20 Cooper Discover STT Tires
    20" KMC XD Monsters
    Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit
    Rancho Shocks
    Airaid TBS
    Volant CAI
    8000K HID Head Lights
    6000K HID Fog Lights
    Tinted Head Lights/Fog Lights and Brake Lights
    Blacked Out Completely

  5. #5
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valdosta, ga
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Thanks jdennis I appreciate it. Now I just have to find the rims I want. I want majority black with a little Crome. I have a tan truck but hate Crome. My flow master tips are black chrome and everything I've done thus far is black

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ71 View Post
    Thanks jdennis I appreciate it. Now I just have to find the rims I want. I want majority black with a little Crome. I have a tan truck but hate Crome. My flow master tips are black chrome and everything I've done thus far is black


    Sounds like you have good taste! the new KMC XD Series Misfits are probably my favorite that are out right now. KMC XD Series imo makes some of the best looking rims out there but there are a ton of great looking ones! let us know what you choose!

    ---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ71 View Post
    Thanks jdennis I appreciate it. Now I just have to find the rims I want. I want majority black with a little Crome. I have a tan truck but hate Crome. My flow master tips are black chrome and everything I've done thus far is black

    What type of tips do you have to get the black chrome?

  7. #7
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valdosta, ga
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdennis44 View Post
    Sounds like you have good taste! the new KMC XD Series Misfits are probably my favorite that are out right now. KMC XD Series imo makes some of the best looking rims out there but there are a ton of great looking ones! let us know what you choose![COLOR="Silver"]

    [SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at


    What type of tips do you have to get the black chrome?

    I'm not sure the place that did my exhaust had them. They were pricey but worth it. Look great. I'll call tomorrow to get the info and post it.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ71 View Post
    I'm not sure the place that did my exhaust had them. They were pricey but worth it. Look great. I'll call tomorrow to get the info and post it.
    yea i would appreciate that. i bet they do look great!

  9. #9
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valdosta, ga
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Jdennis, I called and he said he sent them to a guy to get done black. But he did say jones makes some. I google jones and found black steel tips. I'm sorry I can't be more help but he said he thought jones exhaust made them.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ71 View Post
    Jdennis, I called and he said he sent them to a guy to get done black. But he did say jones makes some. I google jones and found black steel tips. I'm sorry I can't be more help but he said he thought jones exhaust made them.
    oh that is plenty of help. i can go from there! i see your from Valdosta. i am just um 75 from you in Forsyth.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last: 11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
  2. What size of Rims would be best ? What size of tires ?
    By DBEATTIE61 in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last: 10-26-2010, 01:42 PM
  3. mid size
    By 3475 in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 4
    Last: 01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
  4. what size?
    By MPH4045 in forum Lifted & Offroad Suspension
    Replies: 3
    Last: 12-27-2009, 06:55 PM
  5. what size
    By livinloud in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 4
    Last: 08-29-2008, 06:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •