GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yes, but you can set it to Stoichiometric which is the best all around, you get a little of both worlds. Better fuel mileage, then having the most power, and more power then having better fuel mileage.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

yeah i would def. want mine to have the most power i don't care a whole lot about mileage ha since it's lifted prob want help much on the other hand if i didn't lift it i would consider that? Is the wait4meperformance just as good as the BlackBear Custom Tune? I went to there site i guess i have to email them or call them like black bear then huh?

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Havent heard much from them before, so i can't give advice, but i do know that black bear is a proven tuning company. Time and time again they've made customers happy. Excellent customer service and has great people working there. Hopefully someone can tune in for wait4me.

On a side note blackbear is an EFI live distributor, so they can sell you the scan tool as well.

This is what Justin from Black Bear Custom Tunes said to me and what i could choose from:
    In the end, the tune will be $300 and the ECM/TCM core charge are going to be $220. If you return your factory computers, you'll receive that $220 back. If you are planning on keeping the stock computers, then the AutoCal may be the better option, as it will allow for all tuning to be completed via email for $549 and you will keep that AutoCal hardware. It has the same capability as the scan cable tune.

I know the Scan Cable and the AutoCal have the same capability he said. I just don't know if i should give them my factory computer or not? If i don't i pay $549 and if i do i pay $300? Will this affect me if i try to trade it in being i don't have the factory computer? If so i will be willing to pay $550 for the custom tune especially because that's what programmars online are mostly charging lol...

It's totally up to you. I personally would keep the stock computer. As it has your stock tune on it. And most people want the stock tune when you try to sell your truck. Sounds fair to me though.

Yeah i will def. keep my stock computer for my truck and pay $549 for a custom tune not bad at all though hopefully i will buy one soon but got more thing's to as of right now...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123