GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstarrchevy81 View Post
    Damn man really good info about how uch did you pay for your tune all together?
    I only paid for my EFI Live, i didn't pay anything for my tune. I made it myself.

www.efilive.com check out their autocal it's a handheld device that let's you change your custom tunes, you can purchase that, and get a few different tunes so that you can change them for different driving. And you can also change them for when you get new parts on your truck. I believe you can also log, which will make it even better, a lot better results.

And if it says anything, i can spin 35's on dry pavement with stock 3.73 gears.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Damn man all that sound's good i guess i'll do more research after i order my long tube headers. I just installed my Magnaflow tru-x pipe today and it did mellow it out some but not allot like people said and it does make it flow more even and sound better though. I could feel the shifts being more smooth going thru the RPM ranges from low to high and i got it welded on 2 FT in front of my muffler also. The quality of the x pipe was really good and welds had no holes in them i made sure i chcked lol. I could tell i got a few xtra HP and Torque so def. got what i wanted. I have a question though before i installed it i could spin my tires some at a dead stop and when i punched it now i tried it and it want do it what's wrong?

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

I forgot Wheatly as one of the tuners in my last post here.

Well idk which tune i'll go with i'll be doing more research soon or later lol. I am about to get like 3 grand in tax's so i'll be buying a few things but not allot wanna save some of that cash! I think i'm gonna hold off on doing some things to the exhaust/motor for right now. I'm soon gonna buy some Recon smoked LED cab roof lights which i can buy the whole kit including wiring since i didn't have any before for $130. Then i wanna buy that Black mesh grill with rivet's along with a RBP grille logo so it will look just like one of them lol. Then either some Black N-Fab nerf steps or RBP whichever one's i can get cheaper. I will be selling my Black bull bar along with the factory grille shell with the billet grille still on w the black bowtie. Ha i'm trying to save allot of money whenever i get it by selling and replace to newer better parts. I will order me a magnaflow muffler and probably sell my flowmaster since what i read online the magnaflow work's better with dual exhaust and a x pipe since it's a straight thru design.

I say get the motor work done first. The tune will increase fuel economy, and you'll feel like a million bucks whooping asses in a big lifted truck, the look on the ricers face is priceless when you blow by them with your tail pipe right in their window. I just need a Duramax and roll some coal in their face.

Yeah your right man i prob. do need to get the motor work done first all at one time ha. I contacted Black Bear Custom tuning and justin already emailed me back right away. I think i might go with the scan cable mail order tune.This tune to me sounds the best because you run this into your computer while driving send it thru email they fix everything before you tune it then after that you get it tuned and they send you it done just like you want in the mail. I think it's like $500 all together but i think the core charge is like $200 which you get back so only $300 so that's not bad at all for a custom tune that will blow the handheld tune outta the water!

I agree, once you have the scanner, you can upgrade it to the tuner as well. Scanner's are the best, log your data, send them the log, they use the log and PID's to get your map's down. And put it into a tune for you. From before and after my tune, my intake sound got louder, and exhaust tone changed from getting more air.

About how much HP,Torque,and gas mileage did you get after word's? I'm just basically lookin for those 3 but really dont care too much about mileage it will increase some or lose depending on the mod's anyway ha.

It all depends on what you tune. You can make your tune get your better fuel mileage, or power. with wideband sensors you can determine your air fuel mixture so you can use this diagram.

so the air ratio on the left would be the one for the most power 12.6:1 is that correct?