GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Magnaflow Tru X Pipe run's best with a Magnaflow straight thru muffler i read online!

Hey guy's i ordered a Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe and should be here before or around friday. I recently read online that there x pipe work's best with the Magnaflow muffler than a chamber muffler like a Flowmaster. I don't think it's gonna really hurt the HP and extra Torque by much but i don't think it will be at full potential along with better air flow. I didn't know this until i read online but i still think it really want hurt they mostly said it would sound better and louder with the magnaflow muffler compared to a chambered one. If anyone know's more about this feel free to chime in and give me some knowledge lol!

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

yeah a straight thru muffler is basically just a glass pack and flows very well cus there are no baffles to redirect air flow (meaning its also louder). but a chambered mufller like a flowmaster, isnt really much more restrictive it just moves the air differenty to even the tone and quiet it down a bit more
    03 Silverado 1500
    285/75/16 BFG's
    2 Blaupunkt 10" vW1000 subs in Subthump box
    ProComp Level Lift & 3" rear blocks

Yeah i just been doing some reading online lately and they said muffler's such as Magnaflow are better with a x pipe they didn't say it would affect HP and Torque if you have a Flowmaster chambered muffler they were just stating that the exhaust flow would be better because there is less restrictions is all. I will have my x pipe on tom. or friday depends on what time comes in tom. I heard they give you better even flow and cause the exhaust to be a lil bit lower tone and give you are 10HP and 10 Torque gains. Ha not bad for $85 bucks

the x pipe probably helps to even out the throatiness of the magnaflow......im more of an h pipe guy, love the sound but after your install you should try to post a b4 and after sound clip if you can

Yeah the h pipe really isn't for performance it's for more of the sound that someone want's compared to a x pipe but don't get me wrong it's better than just running straights. The x pipe flow's faster and evens it out and make's the tone decibels go down compared to the h pipe. Also the x pipe has more HP and Torque gains compared to running open header's and the h pipe had a lower HP and Torque than both. I prefer HP and Torque over sound now because all my truck's i've had straight's with 4 inch tips and sounded good with no pop cause the tip's were big but to be honest they were slow as hell lol. I now would rather my truck's performance be better along with a better than stock sound. I guess it's all about what everyone want's both are good for different reasons.

I will be installing the Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe tomorrow sometime if it isn't too late but i'm ready to see the difference in performance like i did when i put muffler's on my truck a few weeks ago. I was reading online that the Magnaflows will help me have lower back pressure which is good for low end torque and should help with some horepower with it flowing better and faster. The magnaflow i want is around $93 bucks from www.autoanything.com i might end up changing from my flowmaster 40 series muffler to the Magnaflow straight thru design that's actually designed to go along with a x pipe. I will try to make sure someone buy's it online on craigslist then buy the muffler ha.

the magnaflows are nice. I have (single) one on my truck. there was a recent thread on hear asking what people were running. quite a few had the magnaflows and said the same thing. not very loud at idle or cruising but will definately pick up if you gas it.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...at-do-you-have
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I Installed the Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe today and it really is what i was looking for! I installed them 2FT from my muffler I could tell it made the exhaust a lil bit quieter but not much at all really at higher RPM's it has that deep tone to them which i like allot. I can tell the exhaust coming out the tip's sounds more smooth and good toned and is a very good even flow. IT also feels much smoother shifting when i'm going thru the RPM's and i can tell i got some added HP and Torque along with it. I am overall pleased with them but before i could spin my tires at a complete stop at take off now i tried to do it it want even spin the tires what's the deal ha????????