GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Magnaflow tru-x pipe installed!

I Installed the Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe today and it really is what i was looking for! I installed the x pipe 2FT from my muffler i heard it's best to get it as far back as you can for the most performance gains. I could tell it made the exhaust a lil bit quieter but not much at all compared to me having straights with no muffs before. When i'm at higher RPM's it has that deep tone to them and is louder which i like allot but quiet at low RPM's. I can tell the exhaust coming out the tip's sounds more smooth and good toned and is a very good even flow both exhaust are on rythm. IT also feels much smoother shifting when i'm going thru the RPM's and i can tell i got some added HP and Torque along with it.The powerband is allot smoother too feel's like i'm floating it runs so smooth now. I am very pleased with this x pipe and would recommend any to get this you want be disappointed. I can tell a big difference at a complete stop and when i floor it i turn over both back tires now and before with straights and no muff it wouldn't even try tunrning one lol!!!
    Last edited by Rockstarrchevy81; 05-20-2011 at 12:44 AM.

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

glad you like it.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Attachment 27543This is a pic of the Magnaflow TRU-X PIPE i installed today!

That sounds awesome. Got any videos of your exhaust?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Not yet man but i can tell some when i have it in park when i rev it up it's not that loud but has a very good sound too it. I have been doin research online and people were sayin that with a True Dual Exhaust Setup that 2.5 inch pipe is very good that don't need to go too big otherwise will get robbed of hp and torque. I have the True Dual Exhaust Setup with 2.5 inch pipe. Also they were saying that with a x pipe along with a true dual exhaust setp it's best to have mufflers such as magnaflows and such since they are a stright thru design muffler compared to a chambered muffler that it will give you more HP and Torque is this true??? If so i will be selling my flowmaster super 40 and buying a magnaflow muffler to see how it perform's. I was told by a representative from www.autoanything.com whom i was chatting with online thru the website saif that the magnaflow will give me 10HP and 10Torque added compared to the chambered flowmaster because the exhaust can breath better and flow faster than chambered is this true???