GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Appreciate all your welcome wagon hospitality.
    Some actually understand the point , while others can't seem to comprehend the principle of the matter.
    Like many I have been loyal to the Bowtie for over 40 years and still like the older Gm vehicles. Those were built much better than todays Chinese version.
    Our welcome wagon hospitality??? Really?? You come into our home and slur what we all love over you having a "correct" spare under your bed. I really dont see how you can really think that you would have a alloy spare wheel. I check my spare about every 6k miles to make sure it is inflated and ready in emergency situations (what a spare is for) and it sees hell up under the bed. I would not want a upgraded wheel to be under there to start with.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Guys, don't comment on this Jackass (coach24) anymore. Thats what he wants.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

That's another good point Alston. My spare wheel is just a steel wheel & it looks like it's been sitting in a swamp for 20 years. I can't imagine an aluminum alloy lasting much longer than 6 months or a year without having to buff it down & recoat it.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Sr. Mechanic

Do you think coach24 has his F150 yet? I sure as hell hope so. Then he can join their forum and really have something to cry about.
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

I've seen this situation before in the past. The problem is not GM, but your dealership. The dealership has control over what they order, and they are perfectly capable of ordering a similar spare to the other 4 tires. But they usually don't to reduce costs so they can make more money on the sale of the vehicle. That is if your dealership cares about what they order, as I've seen so many of them really could care less.

Just thought I'd "resurrect"
    Adam

Hmmm. I've been educated... I could have sworn that my spare had the same wheel as the 4 on the ground (tire size was a given since I stayed with the factory 17s) and it had been included in the rotations. I just checked, and it has a black steel wheel and the tire doesn't look like it has seen pavement. Kind of surprised me because the '02 that I traded in on this one did have a matching spare tire and wheel.
    Lane - Oklahoma
    2010 Chevrorlet Silverado LT Ext Cab 2wd
    - Volant CAI, Westin Steps, WeatherTech Vent Shades, Bug Shield, and Mud Flaps, Bullet Liner, Slimline Truck Cover
    2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP

I am glad you brought this back Adam. I believe I counted this noob taking stabs at 4 stellar members. And I still laugh at the fact someone would think they would get a matching spare on a pick up. Haha!

not sure what the issue here really is, i havnt read the whole thread, moreso skimmed it, but everyone just needs to relax, everyone is entitlled to their own opinion.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Just thought I'd "resurrect"
    Why? (Stir the pot @ 2:53 am)
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by