GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by jake's silverado View Post
    Why? (Stir the pot @ 2:53 am)

When one reads posts from adampaul you will see he is very negative and strongly opinionated towards himself and nobody else is good enough for this club..Adampualis a negative influence as is ajarman. Both are akin to the bully on the playground and somehow enjoy putting others down.
    Of course everything in their lives is perfect and they are above all the rest of us.
    That is why adampaul is reposting . Just to cause pandemonium.
    These two are probably responsible for more than their share of chasing members away.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    I am glad you brought this back Adam. I believe I counted this noob taking stabs at 4 stellar members. And I still laugh at the fact someone would think they would get a matching spare on a pick up. Haha!
    Noob? I still laugh that you would be willing to pay for something you wouldn't receive. Or when someone sells you a cruze instead of a vette, you will simply look under the hood to make sure you get your V8. Well you V8 will be in a 12 ounce can. Stabs at stellar members? please list them for reference. You do know how to do that, right?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    If I paid for optional 18's i would expect to get an 18" spare, although the wheel would be non conforming and i would have one wheel that matches the other four.

if you paid for a corvette and got a cruze would you be satisfied?

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

In the past recommendations were a four tire rotation, since the steel belted took the place of bias ply tires. Now if you check the manual they suggest a 5 tire rotation.Why? if they are going to supply a smaller tire. it would be nice to get the wheel as well but i had already planned for the wheel issue and have a OEM wheel to match so I only needed to mount and dismount once. Balancing should be performed each time you rotate and most large tire shops include this with free rotation .

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Yup. No customer service from GM any more. I have owned bowties for 40 years and never altered my path except for the 442.
    Gm just doesnt understand that Ford is not having to work to hard to get us to change brands

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Oh yeah i got it. Why waste your time posting? Read again and then see if you get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    I didnt expect a matching wheel just an 18"steel and 18"tire that matched those on the road.
    If you had read the full post you would see that is was June2010 that we found out the tire did not match.
    I do like to get what I pay for and GM cheated me on this issue.. I also had purchased a matching wheel to have the spare changed over so all five tires and wheels would match.I prefer a 5 tire rotation as the spare is no good after a couple of years anyway so you lose value by not rotating all 5. Unless you go to much larger wheels then it is more difficult as the fit under the bed is incompatible.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Good post . Until #3 it really isn't a wash. As 2=3 years will have passed without using the spare,in most cases, the spare loses it's value as the dot date runs out and you can't sell it and the environment has already started breaking it down.
    As for the wheel and tire fitting under the truck. It fits very well if you read previous posts you would have seen this..
    Yes some will laugh at this post and that is there right. Some just can't comprehend the idea of paying for something and then not getting it. But we won't go into upbringing here.
    Just think if you ordered a cd player and got an AM/FM radio. same concept.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

well I think if you can't piss you need to have a doc check yer kidneys, son.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Glad you finally got here. laughing is good for you.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Sorry missed your point completely. Oh wait did you make a point? Other than being a jack ass!!

Noob. yes, I consider a noob anyone on a TRUCK forum that does not post about trucks or truck issuers but once and that thread is full of fail. Every thread you have started or post you have made is off topic. This is a truck forum. If you are wanting to just shoot the bull there are plenty of other forums out there.

And to the bully comment.....I have no idea where you are getting that from. Did you see me or Adam putting "censored" on our sigs....did you? Would that be a form of bullying?

________2013 4C Rated__________

And to the bully comment.....I have no idea where you are getting that from. Did you see me or Adam putting "censored" on our sigs....did you? Would that be a form of bullying?
    It wouldn't if you first PM'd the censor and told that person why you were doing it and indicated you felt it was your civic duty and (this last part is key) that it wasn't personal. And that was, indeed, done, sir.

As for the topic at hand (which seems to be the resurrection of old posts given the revival of this one), I'm with @adampaul1964 on this one in that I don't like the 'clutter' produced by resurrecting old/ancient posts. It's 'clutter' past which we, the forum members, must then read, especially if we have tweaked our settings to only show threads within the last N days/weeks/months.

I know that Steve probably likes it when old posts are bumped or resurrected because it helps this site's Google rankings when threads within it actively live across long windows of time. I suspect Google rankings then help with sponsorship. I know users have, at times, been encouraged to revive old threads, and I have read posts where Steve has done it, himself, too (a la 'let's keep this one going' types of posts he's made). There may be a necessary evil at work here when it comes to getting the site new servers, bandwidth, and the like.

That doesn't make it any more pleasant when an ancient thread is bumped, as it's still 'clutter' to the regulars. It may, however, actually provide some value to newcomers. I'm not sure that bumping this one or a welcome thread do, but hey, people have different opinions on 'value', I guess...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 03-05-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Legend

Blog Entries

Coach....I'm just a simple, easy going, forum member here who unfortunately cannot be on several times a week but do pop in and out on a regular basis, even if I do skip a few days at a time. However, when I do log in, I typically see something from you that is negative, flaming in nature, immature, or just plain mean. Since I've watched your "work" here over the past several months, I really haven't said much and rarely contributed/commented to any of your threads or posts, as I've tried to keep my distance for these reasons.

It appears that each time I log back in from being gone a couple of weeks, you are involved in some sort of controversy with some of the best members on this forum....long-time members who have helped build this forum to what it is today. Additionally, it appears to me that you continue to feed into your controversial topics by responding in the way that a 12 year old would respond by taking personal jabs and having a "well if he/she said that then I'm going to say this" mentality. Up to this point, I have reserved judgement as to what your real purpose is here....and although it is only my opinion, I don't really think it has to do with the constructive growth and member involvement that is within the spirit of this forum but more of a troll or someone who is solely trying to increase his post count by whatever means necessary. Again, this is only an opinion based on the interaction that I have seen from you, by my opinion stems from infrequent log-ins, trying to play catch up, and then ALWAYS having to read your irrelevant or flaming posts/threads that seem to be contained in the "new posts" arena; which is also what many new/infrequent members can find easily, read, and make immediate judgement calls.

By now, you've had enough feedback from many members of this forum (veterans and new alike) and I'll agree that some of it has been harsh, but you just don't seem to get it. Adam and Alston are anything but bullies and have been extremely helpful to hundreds of members over the years.....In fact, you are the first person I've heard call them "bullies" or anything close to that nature. If anyone responds to you in a manner that is what you perceive as harsh, maybe it's time to take a good hard look at yourself and your behavior....it could be the sign of a wake-up call versus someone trying to be mean. At this point, I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion but I would ask that you figure out a better way of expressing yourself....please try in a manner that does not flame or just let subject go when all of the other members don't agree with your position. It's okay to be in the minority or be wrong...it really is. Just learn from it and move on.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    It wouldn't if you first PM'd the censor and told that person why you were doing it and indicated you felt it was your civic duty and (this last part is key) that it wasn't personal. And that was, indeed, done, sir.
    Nice Surreal....I guess you don't understand what "drop it" means. I thought you got the message a few weeks ago, but apparently not. Also, did you read Steve's follow-up tread with parts of it eluding to this topic? If so, maybe you missed one of the key takeaways and that is Mod's do NOT have to explain themselves or their actions to members. This is NOT your civic duty, this is a forum guided by rules and principles. Stop whining, complaining, and/or making statements about expressing your "civic" duty. If don't like the rules, leave....period. I don't know how to be more direct or clearer on the subject.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Coach....I'm just a simple, easy going, forum member here who unfortunately cannot be on several times a week but do pop in and out on a regular basis, even if I do skip a few days at a time. However, when I do log in, I typically see something from you that is negative, flaming in nature, immature, or just plain mean. Since I've watched your "work" here over the past several months, I really haven't said much and rarely contributed/commented to any of your threads or posts, as I've tried to keep my distance for these reasons.

It appears that each time I log back in from being gone a couple of weeks, you are involved in some sort of controversy with some of the best members on this forum....long-time members who have helped build this forum to what it is today. Additionally, it appears to me that you continue to feed into your controversial topics by responding in the way that a 12 year old would respond by taking personal jabs and having a "well if he/she said that then I'm going to say this" mentality. Up to this point, I have reserved judgement as to what your real purpose is here....and although it is only my opinion, I don't really think it has to do with the constructive growth and member involvement that is within the spirit of this forum but more of a troll or someone who is solely trying to increase his post count by whatever means necessary. Again, this is only an opinion based on the interaction that I have seen from you, by my opinion stems from infrequent log-ins, trying to play catch up, and then ALWAYS having to read your irrelevant or flaming posts/threads that seem to be contained in the "new posts" arena; which is also what many new/infrequent members can find easily, read, and make immediate judgement calls.

By now, you've had enough feedback from many members of this forum (veterans and new alike) and I'll agree that some of it has been harsh, but you just don't seem to get it. Adam and Alston are anything but bullies and have been extremely helpful to hundreds of members over the years.....In fact, you are the first person I've heard call them "bullies" or anything close to that nature. If anyone responds to you in a manner that is what you perceive as harsh, maybe it's time to take a good hard look at yourself and your behavior....it could be the sign of a wake-up call versus someone trying to be mean. At this point, I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion but I would ask that you figure out a better way of expressing yourself....please try in a manner that does not flame or just let subject go when all of the other members don't agree with your position. It's okay to be in the minority or be wrong...it really is. Just learn from it and move on.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Nice Surreal....I guess you don't understand what "drop it" means. I thought you got the message a few weeks ago, but apparently not. Also, did you read Steve's follow-up tread with parts of it eluding to this topic? If so, maybe you missed one of the key takeaways and that is Mod's do NOT have to explain themselves or their actions to members. This is NOT your civic duty, this is a forum guided by rules and principles. Stop whining, complaining, and/or making statements about expressing your "civic" duty. If don't like the rules, leave....period. I don't know how to be more direct or clearer on the subject.

Nice. Isn't this what you said you would handle differently like not attacking folks in an open forum?

I think you need to read what you wrote over again and see if you believe it is a little hypocritical.

You could have sent me a PM and explained your stance at anytime. I think you suggested this was the proper way, in a previous post.
    I did notice that you have an extreme number of posts which simply say "Welcome" . Trolling?
    Is that what all this is about ? You three are worried about post counts and see my count climbing to your level? If you read earlier post with adam you would see that is not my intention. Though it may be yours.
    Again I ask you to read again what you posted here and see if the words you expect someone to adhere to , have been adhered to by yourself.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Noob. yes, I consider a noob anyone on a TRUCK forum that does not post about trucks or truck issuers but once and that thread is full of fail. Every thread you have started or post you have made is off topic. This is a truck forum. If you are wanting to just shoot the bull there are plenty of other forums out there.

Someone putting censored in their sig, bullying? Are you serious?
    Well I see you put up some edited postings , in the process deleting content to make it appear other than it is.
    I really now understand your issues.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

You got me, Troll. You really caught me this time. I edit my post just to make it appear one way or another. Man, you are so smart!!

________2013 4C Rated__________

Legend

Blog Entries

Yeah...I've been caught to. I guess being a member of the Welcoming Committee is solely for the purpose of driving post count (according to Coach). If that's what Coach truly thinks the Welcoming Committee's purpose is, then he REALLY doesn't get what the spirit and nature of this forum is. Uh oh...I had an edit too! Oops.

And Coach, I don't have to go back and read any threads from Adam or anyone else I trust. Over the course of time, they have proven themselves over and over again, thus if anything controversial or harsh might have been said (subjectively speaking of course), then they had, without a doubt, a perfectly good reason.

Lastly, my apologies for offending you. I was hopeful that you would understand or see the theme here, but given your last response it's obviously still eluding you. I did not PM you as I wanted others to see that this perspective has been relayed to you and that you have been asked to adapt your responses accordingly. You can choose to ignore my recommendation but then at what point will you get tired of always having to get involved in these types of situations? Since you joined, it's been one battle after another for you. I would think you would either get tired of fighting with various members or you would look introspectively and ask "could I be doing something different to positively enhance mine and others' experience?" You continue to choose the former (battling it out), which is baffling to me.

Say your peace/response one last time if you like on this thread, as this is the last post of mine regarding this topic. I've invested enough time and if you don't get it by now, there is nothing more I or probably anyone can say that will open your mind to the possibility that you could be doing things differently.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 03-05-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456