GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Strange radio issue

Ok, so this may seem a little odd, but whenever I disconnect my negative battery terminal to do work on my truck, the head unit (Alpine CDE 103-BT) does not turn on, even after I have reconnected the battery wire to the battery. I press the power button on the head unit and nothing happens, I pushed in the reset button on the back; nothing. What really stumps me though, is that in order to get the radio working properly again, I have to disconnect and reconnect the big gray plug that all of the wires from the head unit attach to. After I do that, the head unit works fine. Any thoughts on what would cause this? My friends nor myself can figure out this issue lol.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Might be because the radio is always pulling current, and without the main ground may be using a ground within the radio itself and somehow locks itself up. I would try and pull the radio fuse, wait a while and then put the fuse back in. If it turns on fine then it's something with the radio and only the postive hooked to the battery.