GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: 98 z-71 help!!!

Default 98 z-71 help!!!

I got a 98 z-71 and the problem is the little orange light that is the auto trans indactor flashes off sometime while driving and it kills my cruise and a/c compressor. i know it has to be electrical but was think maybe someone else had seen this before and could put me right on it instead of wasting alot of time trying to hunt the problem down. thanks

if i were in your shoes i would take it to a qualified gm mechanic and have him take a look. idk about you but when it comes to electrical problems i dont like to try to tackle it without knowing exactly whats wrong, cause nowadays when it comes to electronics, if you screw up one thing, youve most likely screwed up another!
    Josh
    KANSAS
    VEHICLE: 2000 Chevrolet Silverado LT Z71 5.3 ECSB
    SUSPENSION: Torsion Bar Crank, Gabriel ProGuard Gas Charged Shocks
    ENGINE/EXHAUST: Mobil 1 High Mileage 5W-30, Spectre Short Ram Intake, Flowmaster 40 Series Dual Exhaust 1-2
    ACCESSORIES: Lund Bugshield, eBay Mudflaps, Chevrolet Floor Mats
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Prime Door Speakers, 6 1/2 In. 150w Bazooka Tube Subwoofer, Whistler Radar Detector
    TIRES: Kelly Safari TSR LT265/75 R16
    DRIVETRAIN: Stock

Fixing it myself isnt a problem,i can find it if i take my time and look it all over,i just figured maybe someone else had seen this before and could save me alot of time. Im a diesel mechanic so the last thing im going to do is take it to someone else. But thanks for the advice.