GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    I'd like to see a GM truck to compete with the Ford Raptor.
    Either something to compete against the Raptor. Or, bring back SFA's. At least in the 2500/3500 trucks

Would be cool if they made another 2 door Tahoe.

1995 Chevy Tahoe

id like that as well, always liked the 2 door tahoes. damn near bought one a ways back.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Definitely need a new 2 door. They built a concept a number of years ago, but must've buried it. I also agree with the wheel wells. They're built for something other than tires now. How about just simply offering some of the options that make the trucks look great at a reasonable price. The price tags on these trucks are out of control.

agreed on that. if you buy one even 2 or 3 years old you can get 15k off list of a SLT/LTZ style truck.

i paid just under 19k for mine, and its 6 years old. list on it was 43k, back in 05.

Alex

fire obama and rescind the last guys pension due to no work perfromance to be truthful, yea build araptor beater so thats two i won't be able to afford to buy lmao

one thing Id like to see is this, get any option with any package, want a LTZ cloth? fine. want a one ton diesel leather two wheeler, fine. any options with any package.

reason i say this is cause i did some looking at the dealer, aparently GM now just was the WT, LS, LT, LTZ trim pack now, no LT1, LT2 and to top it all off, you now HAVE to buy a LT to get a Z71 package. changed that in 2010. base LT with Z71? 43,00 before incentives and so on. but a LS with plain old 4x4 can be had for 31 and change.

why do I have to spend 10 grand to get a 1500 dollar option? (not sure if thats how much it is, cant remember the option sheet prices.)

makes me like my 03 that much more, was a base LS with Z71, just what I wanted at the time. Not what GM decided I wanted.

Alex

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

8way seats then up to 12 way seats... Big Deal.... and adjustable pedals... I bought my truck set the seats 1 time and they have not been touched yet same with the gas pedal....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Apprentice

Bring back the the Syclone/Typhoon (like that'll ever happen)! It would be nice to see a real SS to rival SRT-10's and Lightning's and a 4WD to rival the Raptor. Unfortunately don't see that happening either.
    2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

4.8l V8
    22" Liquidmetal wheels (If you like the way they look, do NOT buy 'em. Poor quality manufacturing.)
    TopDeck Tonneau

Agreed with bringing back something like the syclone / typhoon. GM used such innovative, almost unheard-of technology in the early 90's when those came out, and made a lot of power off a small engine, and yet today they are still using the same pushrod v8's they've been using since like 2000. i'd like to see a whole new line of v8's (not that theres anything wrong with the current ones, just they have been used for a while and are capable of more) that use DOHC, VVT and direct injection...which would squeeze so much more power out of em you wouldn't even need a v8 in a full-size. i'd also like to see some sort of twin-turbo'ed smaller motor to compete with ford's offerings with the ecoboost motors, and diesel offerings! also, these taxes need to come down on diesel, there is no reason a fuel that is more crude than gasoline costs more. just my opinion.
    2004 Silverado, Base trim, 4.8 V8, 158,000 miles
    -Spectre (cause it was cheap) cold air intake
    -Flowmaster 50 series muffler
    -Self-installed stereo with Sony head unit, Polk Audio speakers, Polk Audio PA1100.5 amp (huge and powerful) and a BOSS 800 watt sub (fitted inside a tiny homemade enclosure behind the passenger seat)
    -vette servo installed in the trans
    -front & center mount after market trans cooler
    -horns from a 1970's cadillac!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12