GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is your wish list for the new gen GMT's?

I have high expectations that within the next year or two GM is going to introduce a new line of trucks, and maybe SUV's. I was in Flint for a business trip over the easter holidays and I saw what probably is the new GMT chassis mule on 07-11 sheetmetal because of a more visible, thicker frame and what seemed like a silent engine. I then began to think about what's in store for the new GMTs and what we should expect to see.

I'll start off with engines. with the introduction of the Ecoboost V6, i think that 4.4ish Light duty diesel should be revived. It's a much better alternative to the V6 in which it has cleaner emissions, has a quieter and smoother band of power, more torque at lower RPM's, probably better MPG and range with no need for a large tank. It could blast Ford out of the water. I think GM should design a whole new V8 line too.

I don't know what to expect for exterior design, hopefully a modern brand look with a departure from conservatism, especially with Chevy and their stacked headlights, and maybe they'll try something else with the bumper rather than painted end caps. but i am expecting a Cruze/Equinox/Terrain style interior and i hope to see that beautiful brick/ebony interior color combo, and SOME NEW SEATS! the seats on the NBS are disappointingly cheap. they sag and turn light grey after 5000 miles. I love the durable, sturdy and supportive cloth seats on my wife's Terrain. Those are some great seats and show no sign of age after 15000 miles.

What are you hoping for?
    Last edited by 09Z71; 05-22-2011 at 01:24 AM.

2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 **SOLD**
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost crew cab **SOLD**
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L crew cab

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I would like to see a Cabin air filter and a light under the hood bought back.. And a headlight that can be changed in less then 15 mins.. Come on GM STOP being so CHEAP!!!!
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I'd like to see a GM truck to compete with the Ford Raptor.

Jr. Mechanic

GM needs pay back their bail out money before I'll ever think about buying anything GM again.

I want to see the silverado ZR2 concept become life its what is suppose to be up on the raptor level
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Jr. Mechanic

Diesel.... Diesel Diesel everything... cars/ trucks/ light duty heavy duty..... oh and in the cars diesel with AWD....... Sorry I miss diesels and can't get an awd car with diesel in the states....

I would like for the door panels to not rattle after 20k miles, some down/up hill assist options in Z71 models along with some better wheel wells so you can fit 33's with out lifting the truck. And a roll down rear window like the toyota's have would be pretty sweet too!

________2013 4C Rated__________

I like everyone else's ideas so far! A lot of those things I've been wishing they had to! Especially the roll down rear window, bigger wheel wells, a light under the hood and something bada$$ to compete with the raptor!!!!!

And more diesel power!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

I hope the front end doesn't look as "fat", the front of the NNBS is all bumper right now. I'd also like to see them open up the fenders a little, there is almost a foot of clearance at the top of the tire and only an inch or two front and rear. I'd also like to see a real Silverado SS and by that I mean lowered and supercharged like the Lightning's were, I know that's a pipe dream but it sure would be nice!
    Adam

heh, buddy of mine has a 99 Z71 reg cab flarside hes done a bit of work to. not sure all what but i guess a lighting decided to play with him. Lighting lost.

now he wants to race me. i think ill loose bad but i dont much care. throw the 91 tune on my truck and see what happens.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast