GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: gas door,

Default gas door,

what was chevy thinking when they made them so cheap, has anyone else herad the dreaded ping yet?

i need to get one before she goes in for paint, do they sell the whole door as an assembly?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ok Ok First off Could you get your kids the Caddy EXT ride on NOT the Furd....LOL 2nd.. What are you talking about? Did your Gas door fall off? 3rd What is that on the right? A Spider boat?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

no i couldn't find anything big enough to pull the boat, lol my kid has a walmart discount so it was a no brainer haha trust me i looked,

i ended up taking my gas door off , it acted like a brake when we would stop, ie; swing open lol i ordered all the little parts but it is the door itself that is broke, the parts guy was an idiot and don't want to have to go back there, i have to fix it before i go into paint with it. so i was wondering if i can buy the whole assembly,

yea that is my grandsons new boat, he's a spiderman freak . he loves his truck more though lol

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

That is cool.....

Legend
    Blog Entries

Try www.compnine.com Chevyman. Enter your year, model etc & it'll show you parts for your truck. Scroll to the body section & you can get the part number for the gas door & then you can circumvent the inept parts guy that didn't know where to look.

I've never heard the "ping" from my gas door, but I heard it twice from both door handles about a year apart. Pretty wimpy stuff on some of those latch assemblies
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

thanks guys i appreciate the info, it makes ya think how cheap they can make stuff huh.