GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 6" Lift Kit for 2001 Suburban 4x4 w/o autoride

Let's hear all you suburban owners opinions on the best kit for the price....

I don't own a 'burb but BDS makes a really nice lift kit. What's your budget?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Save your money andbuy the good stuff. A lift kit is not the place to cut corners. BDS, Rancho and Skyjacker all make well enginnered and good quality kits.

Budget.....that's a tricky word...... Yeah, I have a budget but at the same time certain items like your suspension, engine, drive train, brakes etc should not be discounted. I guess what saying is if I can get a setup that cost $2500 vs $4500 and I'm not compromising safety and reliability then of course I would go the lessor.

I would take your time and shop around. Are you going to install yourself? Back in '96 I put ProComp on my '96 'Burb, replaced it a year later with Rancho that is still on today. The ProComp was pure crap!

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Your 'Burb has rear coil springs that are replaced with the lift kits so you want to get a good quality kit so the springs don't sag in a year and ride like a tank.

@silveradotrailblazer, When I was younger I would have done this without the use of a lift but these days are a different story so most likely I will be having it installed. I'm also thinking about assisting the rear with air leveling kit. What do you guys think about the CST Suspension?