GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Sounds Trite but it is all about dependability

Legend
    Blog Entries

I am a GM man because I have owned Ford, and Chrysler. When it comes to trucks, I have not found anyone but GM that can meet my requirements. Perhaps Toyota, Nissan or Honda can now. In 98, they could not. Sucks to be them 'cause the Suburbeast shows no signs of wearing out!

I am would say I am a truck man, not really just a GM man. I grew up with dad side of family pretty much just driving Ford, so dad owns a F150 and Escape. I even have a Bronco and I love that truck.

Now on my mom side of the family nothing but Chevy, my grandpa own countless number of corvettes, every 4 yrs trade in for a new Silverado, restored 64 Impala, El Camino, acouple Camaros, you get the idea. Well this side of the family influenced me alot and when my grandpa died he left me his newest Silverado and I still have that and love it. I like most every truck that GM comes out with.

But any domestic truck and Nissan I would drive, but I think GM would be the first choice
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

I grew up in a mechanic shop and enjoyed working on the GM products more.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Mainly because they're easy to work on, & parts are plentiful, but also cuz they look good, run great, & when I have somewhere to be, something to haul or tow, I want to get there, & not on the back of a tow truck
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Quote Originally Posted by donl View Post
    Honestly I have had more Ford pickups than Chevrolets and have owned about all of the domestic cars in the last 35+ years of vehicle ownership. They both make a good pickup. Never had a Jap Trap and never will. I bought my present Silverado off the lot because it happened to have exactly what I wanted when I was looking to trade my 2007 Acadia. I was all ready to get a new Buick LaCrosse but because of the government bailout I now have a 2011 Taurus. GM was not going to get my money twice. It would be nice to see GM pay back all the money back because I'm getting the pickup trading itch again.
    I Agree, GM person that I am, I'm no longer interested in Government Motors.

I have always been a ford man. Most of my family is either Toyota/Honda or Chevy. After my Ford Ranger started to give me headache after headache we decided to give the silverado a try. Absolutely love it. Although I still love the look of the FX4 F-150's I don't think I could go back after having this silverado. The new rig actually changed the minds of jap lovers.
    '08 black death silverado LT
    '00 Ford Ranger XLT

I've had 142 cars- trucks from the time I was 16 and all the best where GM'S NO IMPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by truckman73; 07-21-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: did look right.

Growing up my dad had a 70's model Chevy 10 that we called "Old Blue." It was basically used for hauling trash to the dump (no garbage service where I grew up), hauling firewood that we cut by hand, and anything else you need an old truck for. It wasn't the nicest in town but it sure got the job done. My best memories are sliding back and forth on the vinyl bench seat (which had no seatbelts) as we drove Dukes of Hazard style around corners. You just can't beat a good 'ole Chevy Truck!
    Hunter Cook
    2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab
    Lewisville, TX

GM's always been in the Family. Grandfather's dad worked on the assembly line at a GM plant, and he's had numerous GM vehicles now. Currently restoring a few Olds Starfires (his favorite is the '66, has 4 of em). Pop has always had GM truck, one of the few things I can remember from when I was knee high on a grass hopper. First truck he had (that I remember) was a Cheyenne. Then he upgraded to a '98 Sierra HD, and currently holding onto a '02 Sierra HD that you'd swear was new. As he owned his own auto repair store, I had plenty of exposure to pretty much every brand. By far the easiest to work on were the GM's (usually only needing maintenance, not repair). When I was in the market for my first truck, it was a no brainer to check out GM's! Ended up with an '06 Silverado that I held onto until recently when I upgraded to my Sierra (needed more room, Chevy was a reg cab, Sierra's Ext).

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac