GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Granted, all manufacturers are in the business of making money, but to me GM seems to have more common decency than Ford.
    That and the fact that I find F-series and Ram looks a bit too agressive to my taste + the assumption that Chevy would be more durable originally tipped my scale.

I still think I made the right choice.

-J

i was pretty much born into a chevy family everyone in my family drives nothing but chevy and so do my girlfriends family im the first one who went out and bought a ford. I love my knew ford but ill be trading it in when chevy got something to run against the ford raptor

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

heres my 2 cents ...I like my GM's because I have worked on and driven dodge and fords and something is just missing
    my father always owned F...150's, my wife when I met her had an exploder which always had electrical issues
    and working on them sucked the way ford made vehicles in the past I just don't like crappy connectors and stuff
    Dodge well they have always been kinda junky if you ask me, I rebuilt a Jeep and once I got it mechanically sound
    the doors were falling off due to metal fatique and my brother in law has a 3500 with the cummings
    the engine is great but the front end keeps falling apart on it steering box, ball joints transfer case it just can't hold up
    I have owned 5 Gm trucks and 2 cars and they never had any of these issues, I mean sure some parts fail
    but they are so much easier to work on and just seem to last.
    we finally got the wife a small chevy SUV and guess what?
    Im not spending all my time trying to keep her vehicles running just regular maintainence thats it
    and I love my 05 silvy 4x4 ,its the smoothest most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven lots of power when you need it
    looks good and has been very reliable & usefull for this family
    Don't get me wrong I have issues with GM the dealers are a rip off the parts are just stupid priced
    in canada but I don't see them hardly, don't have to. That pretty much says it all doesn't it.

I am a gm man cause you can work on them. The only thing i dislike about gm is the independent suspension on the heavy duty trucks.
    "If it ain't one thing, it's a mother******g nother"

Jr. Apprentice

I have a Chevy because my Ford delaer did not have an Expedition in stock when i needed to change the Ford. The Chevy dealer had the exact equipement i wanted on a Tahoe,so i bought it and it is running fine after 130000 kms.

Thumbs up

My grandpa and uncle worked for gm for my entire life and they made a big influence. My buddies all drive fords and i am usually getting made fun of for being a chevy guy. It used to bother me but now i see for my own eyes that chevy is better cause their trucks are always breakin down and I've never had a problem with mine. Guess i was just raised right!

Guess I have always leaned toward Chevy. My dad was never a Ford man, so GM products are in my blood. I consistently like the look of the Chevy vs. Ford trucks.

Pops was a Gm man and still is. You could either follow or get the heck out of the family. Ford owners in extended family are forced to sit in a corner at reunions. Had on brother in law pump up his ford and it ended in a drag race. Me ? 72 Monte Carlo with warmed 350. Him big block ford. Race? After half a mile I looked back and saw steam and fluids all over the ford. He hasn't spoken to me since. 15 years ago it was.

Jr. Apprentice Waldo Castellanos's Avatar

reliability and fuel economy...as funny as that sounds
    2006 Suburban Z71 / Chevy 350 Powered Jeep YJ / 2001 Jeep XJ

Why am I a GM guy?
    Not really sure, I have always loved GM vehicles, old and new. Really no one in my family had a GM vehicle when I grew up but I always wanted a Chevy when I was a kid. I think it was my love for the old Bel Airs, when I was a kid I would see them at car shows and I just loved the way they looked. My first car was and still is my prized possession, a 71 Chevelle.
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... Last Post byLast Post by