GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Thank you all for your loyalty! It is great to hear such good comments about GM. If you ever have any concerns of questions please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Thanks Tricia. Sadly this is a PG-13 site so we can't use some words that come to mind with the NEW GM and their lack of commitment to the Loyal GM customers.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have driven Ford and tried a Chrysler product ONE TIME. I had a chevy that was used when I got it and it was one of the most dependable cars I ever had - a 78 Monte Carlo. My Suburban has been more durable than any thing I have ever owned - more miles with fewer repairs. Chevy trucks are superior to Ford in every category. I had a roommate that had a S-10 blazer when I had a Bronco II. I drove his truck once only to realize that mine was under power and had a sh*tty ride!
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Well, having driven plenty of fords at work, I've seen many things go wrong, like a 7 year old truck with holes rusted in the frame and oil pan. Simply put, I hate ford and their trucks are ugly. When it comes to Toyota, no. Were in America, Japan can stay at home. As far as dodges go, I'd drive a newer cummins, never a hemi, never a magnum. I like dodges style, but I'm no rich man, the older dodges that are in my price range are rot boxes and have junk transmissions. My family has always had a variety of makes of vehicles, and the only ones that have only been in the shop for maintainence, are made by GM. I've never had a problem with my 92 silverado, I love her to death, I wouldn't trade her for anything. My dad has an '09 dually he swears he'll keep to the day he dies. Bottom line. Chevy runs deep.

Legend
    Blog Entries

What about us GM GIRLS?? There are lots of us die hard GM fans out there.. I love my GMC Envoy, and I would never buy an import.. I am true car girl at heart; a drag racer, car fixin', gettin down and greasy under the hood type of girl...I have always been a domestic car girl, from Ford, Pontiac, now to GMC... My dad and I used to work on cars when I was like 10 yrs old, I got the fever...lol I knew when my mom yelled at my dad for letting me go under the car and get covered in grease, and my dad yelled back "hey, she is a car girl", I knew I was hooked.. What makes me a GM Girl, is love for my ride and that I am proud to be a GMC owner..

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Jr. Apprentice chevytruckprincess's Avatar

I agree with Erica, what about us GM ladies??

I grew up with my dad trading his truck off every six months because he'd put 100,000 miles on them in that short amount of time traveling for work. He's had Ford F-250 Powerstrokes, an Expedition, a Suburban, multiple 90's model Silverado xcabs, a Tahoe, Dodge Ram 2500, 55 Chevy car, several crew cab Silverado's, Trans Ams, Camaro's, etc...and my 2 favorites which were the '68 Corvette (which we just recently sold. ) and a 2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. I spent the majority of my childhood under the hood or the entire body of the Corvette and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything! He also rolled a 2002 xcab Duramax dually (it flipped 4 times over and slid for almost a quarter of a miles) and he walked away without a scratch. The truck held up amazingly!

Also, when I was 9, some guy rearended my mom's '98 Trans Am doing 60 while we were sitting still (I was in the backseat) and luckily the crumple zone worked properly and the rearend was pushed underneath the car instead of into the backseat. If that design had failed, I wouldn't be here today. GM just proved itself over and over again in my family.

My dad bought me my first Chevy when I was 14...a 1980 Z28 Camaro with a shaker hood and a 4 speed. Unfortunately, I was banned from driving at all a year later due to a sports injury and we sold the car...then he bought me the 2008 Silverado for Christmas when I was 18 and the rest is history.

Anyways, GM was the only option for me from birth. Every vehicle has held up extremely well and made my family happy.
    Courtney
    2011 Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

Jr. Apprentice

I guess to start the first vehical i learned to drive was a 1970 gmc 1/2 ton three on the tree with an invader 350 with 4:11 gears dad traded it before i turned 16 that was smart on his part . Been hooked on gm ever since .

I dad had Chevys first I remember a red and white 59 Impala wagon 283/3spd no A/C . A black /red interior 67 Impala wagon 327/powerglide and redline CBI tires. A blue 73 Impala sedan 350 with a hole in the gas tank ( read post " Trouble" ) I had a 74 Nova 350, 2000 Silverado 5.3 , 2004 Monte Carlo SS 3.8 and now a 2012 Silverado. I like the Chevy engine and GM body style.

I grew up with a Ford guy for a father, so naturally I was a ford guy. Then I got older to the point of buying my own vehicles and started doing the research. At the time I began doing this, Chevy was fairly consistently the leader in back seat space, HP, reliability. Granted, these days they lose here and there depending on the year but at this point I just love Chevy Trucks. So unless Ford or Dodge does something extreme, I'll stay a Chevy guy. I must admit though, when it comes time for another truck, I hope for the sake of GM they have a valid Raptor competitor... otherwise....

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

I grew up with my dad only driving a Tahoe or a blazer back when they made the full size, his company trucks have always been Chevy, so I guess I was born into the Chevy family but at the same time I have owned a dodge ram 2500 and 1500 and will never drive one again. I'm officially a Chevy truck man

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I have driven a raptor on and off road probably put 300 miles on it and all I can say is garbage. It didn't handler any better than my Chevy did off road and it has the same power. Yes I have a chip and intake and exhaust but still I got a 5.3 and it had a 6.2.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by