GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default Why are you a GM man?

Why do you drive a GM?

Were you always born a Chevy man and you haven't driven anything else?
    Were you a Ford/Dodge/Toyota man and for one reason or another switched? Why?
    Did you perform market research and determined that Chevy was best for you?

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

For me, personally I like to look of the Dodge trucks, but I have always like the Chevy power and quality. I have owned a '98 Dodge Ram 1500, but I have always been around and interested in Chevy.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Can someone make this into a poll? I can't seem to figure it out or maybe I don't have enough posts under my belt.
    Last edited by Highmarker; 05-23-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Jared:glasses:
    2003 Bi-Fuel 2500HD CNG/Gasoline (equivalent 40 MPG)
    2003 Bi-Fuel Cavalier CNG/Gasoline (equivalent 90 MPG)
    2011 Traverse

Years ago I tried the others and went back to GM forever. Also when I was a SnapOn tool distributor I went to all the dealerships and I would go into Ford and Dodge dealers service departments and there would be brand new trucks/cars, some with as little as 150 miles on them and the engines would be out laying on the shop floors.This was a regular thing at Ford and Dodge, it was very rare at the GM dealers. Even the Ford mechanics hated the Fords.LOL. I also like GM's stylings.

I wont lie, I like the larger size of the F250, solid front axle, but when shopping it was the interior comfort (seating comfort). we will do long trips and its much better in the chevy than a ford (dont worry I still rip on the Fords to all the ford guys). I've had multiple chevy's, fords and toyotas (my 1990 toyo 4x4 kicked arse, but obviously not that much interior room. I love my chevy and always liked them but wish it had a SFA and I could fit 37's no problem with a 6-8" lift like the ford. I've always liked the chevys though(starting with my dads 79 lifted K20 when I was growing up).
    Last edited by dsfloyd; 05-23-2011 at 05:56 PM.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I guess i've always liked chevy because my dad had a '79 Custom Delux flatbed with a 454. After that he got a '95 C1500 4.3. (My truck now). He owns a dodge now but I guess it's because I grew up with a chevy that I like them. Plus my truck has over 230k and still runs great. For me they have always been reliable and always get me where I need to go.
    1995 C1500 4.3L 2WD. JET TBI Spacer, JET stage 1 chip, 10mm Taylor custom wires, Pulstar Iridium Pulse Plugs.
    260k miles and still going strong...

Im a toyota man but the chevy`s are more affordable,easier to work on and have cheaper,more available parts.

The below picture is the reason i am a GM man and will never own a FORD again. This 2002 ford excursion with the 7.3 powerstroke was supposed to be the baddest SUV built. bad isnt the word.One night while eating dinner, i heard a roar coming from my attached garage. when i opened the side door,the Excursion was Engulfed in flames along with my garage and contents. if this happened while i was asleep, i wouldnt have lived to type this. Enough reason to never own a Ford again? I think so!

http://s448.photobucket.com/albums/q...rent=005-8.jpg
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

Guess I have always leaned toward Chevy. My dad was never a Ford man, so GM products are in my blood. I consistently like the look of the Chevy vs. Ford trucks.

Pops was a Gm man and still is. You could either follow or get the heck out of the family. Ford owners in extended family are forced to sit in a corner at reunions. Had on brother in law pump up his ford and it ended in a drag race. Me ? 72 Monte Carlo with warmed 350. Him big block ford. Race? After half a mile I looked back and saw steam and fluids all over the ford. He hasn't spoken to me since. 15 years ago it was.

I grew up with a Ford guy for a father, so naturally I was a ford guy. Then I got older to the point of buying my own vehicles and started doing the research. At the time I began doing this, Chevy was fairly consistently the leader in back seat space, HP, reliability. Granted, these days they lose here and there depending on the year but at this point I just love Chevy Trucks. So unless Ford or Dodge does something extreme, I'll stay a Chevy guy. I must admit though, when it comes time for another truck, I hope for the sake of GM they have a valid Raptor competitor... otherwise....

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

I have owned only Gm vehicles since around 1990. I currently drive a '07 Suburban 1500 Ls and my wife drives a Malidu. Been happy with GM and don't see myself driving anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by