GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

When I turned 16 and got my drivers license my sister sold me her '73 Camaro for 100 bucks because she wanted a more fuel efficient car. I thought I had won the lottery! I spent the next two years restoring, modifying and loving that car which greatly enhanced my high school years. Then, to satisfy my need for a more rugged utility vehicle, I found a used GMC 1/2 ton 4x4 shortbed pickup, which I lifted 4", threw on 33 inch Mickey Thompson tires, and spent my paychecks modifying for the next few years. A few years later I picked up a '75 3/4 ton GMC truck, for extreme duty use, and restored my mother's '75 500CID Cadillac Eldorado. All that GM devotion added up over the years, and now I find myself greatly enjoying driving my '94 6.5TD Suburban now that I have several kids and their friends and cousins to haul around. My Sub is the favorite vehicle in the neighborhood for baseball games, cub scout outings, going to the drive-in theater, and taking 1,000 mile roadtrips packed with gear. No other vehicle I know of can come close to its utility and value.

1994 Chevy Suburban 2500 6.5TD 4x4
    4" Trailmaster lift - with 295x17 Toyo MTs
    Elaborate roof rack/box options
    Belted Seating for 11 with 4th row bench
    Relocated PMD
    Aftermarket sunroof
    Relocated aftermarket stereo
    12lb Warn Winch on Warn bumper
    HID lighting
    Many other mods

My first vehicle was a 82 ford van that cost $500.00. drove it for a couple of years,then blew it up. always liked the look of a Chevy. My dad always had Chevy's and his dad before him. I kinda liked the look of the Dodge Rams but that grew old fast and stayed with Chevy. Always on the lookout for the next one.

I was born into a Chevy family my dad only owns Chevys. My first truck was a dodge which didn't last long till the tranny blew so I tried a cummins. Loved the motor and hated everything else. other than race cars I only drive Chevys and will always stay that way, might get a classy sedan at some point n my life though
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I was born in a GM family also. My dad works for GM at the Tech center. I used to buy my trucks thru their pep program.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Chevy is what I grew up with. Our farm and ranch trucks were all Chevys. My grandpa had a 1948 GMC, and a 1967 Chevy. As I grew up they bought a 1974 and a 1978 Chevy pickup. I do like Ford trucks, I rebuilt a 1928 Model A and I owned a 1994 Ford Courier.

My dad has always loved GM vehicles. Yes he hasn't owned one in a long time, but he still loves them. Also GM Trucks are built to last until the end of time.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I didn't know there were other trucks... Chevy and GMC is what we grew up with on the farm. My first truck was a 69 GMC step side inline 6 3 on the tree and that thing would pull dang near anything you tied to it.
    Even my great aunts owned a 49 Chevy and sold it. (yes they kept it that long) then purchased a 76 Chevy Luv...LOL the thing was immaculate and when they sold it they sold it for 1200 less than what they paid new...

Grandparents and Uncle worked for Fisherbody. All my friends said how easy GM's were to work on, decided to keep it simple, however for a family sedan.... Camry XLE 6v all the way..... it just needs a twin turbo and I will be set

My family has always loved gm products. Chevrolet in general. and i have just started loving the body lines of all the gm trucks and suvs that i will not go and buy any ford. but if somebody handed me one i will take it and go have fun with it and beat the crap out of it.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

My first new truck was an 87 ford ranger ec 4wd 5 speed manual; it would be my last ford, after 12 months of struggling with the dealer to fix a rear window leak and some other issues which they never did fix, it went out of warranty and then I discovered an ac condensate leak under the carpet on the ds floorboard. I was bitten once and swore I'd never buy another. Chevy's are less expensive, the styling is good, they ride great and I'll probably not buy another one unless they ever go to an overhead cam engine, pushrods are outdated IMO and probably the reason they can sell them cheaper, but they just don't run smoothly.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast