GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm3r View Post
    Because no automaker makes a competitor to the Suburban. Unless you count the Excursion, which is now discontinued and had a couple of fairly serious shortcomings back when they were made.

Not much else that can confortably haul five adults and an 8500 pound trailer through snow, mud, etc. The closest non-GM alternatives are the F-250 crew cab (Dodge doesn't make a true crew cab) and a full-size van with an aftermarket 4wd conver$ion.

I've owned and driven cars, trucks, and bikes from all the major makers, foreign and domestic, over the years. They all have their strengths, and I think the last 20 years or so have brought us the best cars and trucks throughout history, 57 Chevrolets notwithstanding.
    My son has a megacab Dodge. It is a true crewcab, or maybee more then the crewcab.
    And i would prefer a Dodge truck to a Ford truck. My brother has ford trucks since more then 30 years ans he is always changing front suspensions parts on his trucks. He seems to believe that it is normal....
    For myself, i am on Chevy and waiting to see the 2014 Tahoe.
    Bye
    Last edited by Gatito; 02-25-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typing errors
    Chevy Tahoe 2007 pure stock 4wd 3.73 5.3
    Chrysler Cordoba 1975 400 4bbl first and only owner

First car my folks had after I was born was a 1951 Chevrolet. First pickup I rode in was a 1948 Chevy. I guess my 1988 S-10 Blazer, 1989 Cavalier, 1992 Astro van, 1995 GMC Suburban, 1999 Chevy Suburban and now my 2013 Silverado over the years were all genetically predisposed.

I'm a GM guy cause my Dad always owned GM trucks...what started me was working on his/my 77 chevy. I like all the makes an model trucks out there, but my preference is the chevy.
    Excuse the rust..I USE my truck.

"No matter how beat up or rusty a chevy is, no truck will ever look as good goin down the road wearin that bowtie!"

For the most part, always been a GM guy. Started out with several Cutlass Supremes -78, 80, & 86, 87 Cutlass Ciera, 37 Studebaker 4 door sedan (with GM drivetrain - engine, transmission, rear axle, and front clip), 87 Chevy 4x4, 02 ECSB 2wd, 07 Trailblazer 5.3L, 05 Honda Sabre motorcycle, 91 Ford F250HD 4X4 (good truck but got horrible gas mileage), 04 ECSB Z71, and now the 03 ECSB 2wd. So, with the exception of the Ford truck and the bike, always been around GM vehicles.

I have always been a chevy van. I like that parts are plentiful. Always liked GM the most
    when thinking about purchasing a new vehicle

New member here. I was raised on a farm where my grandfather swore by GM trucks and Massey tractors. I guess it stuck. I have only owned one vehicle that wasn't a GM. I had an 89 Toyota truck I used as my hunting truck. It was a good truck until I hooked the cattle trailer to it. haha. I've never had any real problems with the Chevy and GMC trucks I've had and on the farm, they've been more than dependable and always had plenty of power. Thanks guys.

My Dad had Chevys when I was growing up 59 wagon , 67 wagon and 74 Impala . I had a 74 Nova and a few Fords the last a POS 96 V6 Ford truck I traded in on a 2000 Silverado Ext, cab 5.3 a few years later a vey low mileage 04 Monte Carlo SS for weekends and trips. I like the style and simple 4.8 Engine instead of all the cogs, cams plus GM dealer gave me a good price and rebate
    2012 4.8 LS

God is great, beer is good and people (WOMEN) are Crazy

Nice, I'm adding this thread to the monthly newsletter getting ready to blast out.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Gatito View Post
    My son has a megacab Dodge. It is a true crewcab, or maybee more then the crewcab.
    And i would prefer a Dodge truck to a Ford truck. My brother has ford trucks since more then 30 years ans he is always changing front suspensions parts on his trucks. He seems to believe that it is normal....
    For myself, i am on Chevy and waiting to see the 2014 Tahoe.
    Bye
    I did try the 2015 tahoe friday.
    It is nice to run, but in black, it is ugly.
    So, i am not sure that i will continue to be a chevy man.
    If the white or silver are so ugly, maybe i will try Sequoia Toyota.
    Bye

My Dad worked for Ford so we owned Fords as I grew up. My neighbor owned a 52 Chevy truck that I loved, but he sold it before I got old enough to drive or the money to buy it. Took me a long time, many makes, OLds,Fords,Subarus,Saturns,and Toyotas,but finally got me my Chevy truck.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 Last Post byLast Post by