GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Threaded View

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm3r View Post
    Because no automaker makes a competitor to the Suburban. Unless you count the Excursion, which is now discontinued and had a couple of fairly serious shortcomings back when they were made.

Not much else that can confortably haul five adults and an 8500 pound trailer through snow, mud, etc. The closest non-GM alternatives are the F-250 crew cab (Dodge doesn't make a true crew cab) and a full-size van with an aftermarket 4wd conver$ion.

I've owned and driven cars, trucks, and bikes from all the major makers, foreign and domestic, over the years. They all have their strengths, and I think the last 20 years or so have brought us the best cars and trucks throughout history, 57 Chevrolets notwithstanding.
    My son has a megacab Dodge. It is a true crewcab, or maybee more then the crewcab.
    And i would prefer a Dodge truck to a Ford truck. My brother has ford trucks since more then 30 years ans he is always changing front suspensions parts on his trucks. He seems to believe that it is normal....
    For myself, i am on Chevy and waiting to see the 2014 Tahoe.
    Bye
    Last edited by Gatito; 02-25-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typing errors
    Chevy Tahoe 2007 pure stock 4wd 3.73 5.3
    Chrysler Cordoba 1975 400 4bbl first and only owner