GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: 94 z71

Default 94 z71

i have a 94 z71 and cant get the front end to lock in i am not getting any power to the actuator on the axle and cant find a fuse for it any where any help is very much appreciated thanks

Welcome to the club, Tim. I'm sure someone on this site can help. Give them a little time, its Saturday.

I am not quite sure about a '94, but the '95 fuse box is on the driver's side of the dash, right next to the door. There should be a legend to tell you which fuse is which.

Good luck!
    Jess

1991 Suburban

I was told there was a switch on the transfer case that had to be push in befor it would send power to the front end but its raining here now and cant get under it to see do ya'll know any thing about this switch thanks again
    Tim Harris
    355 small block
    94 z71 on 35s

Still cant get the 4x4 to work on my truck checked all the wires about to give up lol

If you can't find the problem, you should check into a Posi-Lok kit. They are about $200 or so, and eliminate the thermal actuator. It's a push/pull system that allows you to lock the front end from the cab...