GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default 2011 Chevy 5.3L Z71 - Shaking/bouncing at crawl speeds.

Hi!

I've got a 2011 Chevy Silverado LT with the Z71 package. LOVE this truck, but it has an issue that is bothering me. At crawling speeds, usually with the brake very lightly pressed or going uphill with no accelerator yet the truck will begin to shake, sometimes very hard. I've unfortunately got a nice (sarcasm) commute home where I have to move at crawling speed at times due to traffic. To me it feels like a torque converter sticking or something similar. As complex as the 4x4 system is in this truck it could be something there, I would think. It's perfectly smooth/steady at a full stop and at any speed above a crawl. But I've not recieved a good answer yet as to why this is happening.

I took it into my dealership with only a couple hundred miles on it and they said it was just the brakes wearing in. Later I found it that the truck also does it with no brakes, like on a slight incline where the truck will still move foward ever so slightly with no gas pressed yet. On the second trip, my advisor said it was something to do with the programming of the transmission/engine, and that he was able to reproduce it on an identical truck on the lot that had not been sold yet. And, that GM had not updated the programming for this truck yet. So I'd have to wait.

Well, I got tired of waiting. And, I'm still not sold that this latest reason given is the actual problem. So I called the GM 800 number and opened case # 71-950652897. They said they would call back the next day, but I've not heard from them in the past couple of days

Is this really a known problem? If so what is it? I'm getting to where I hate the drive home as I feel as if I'm in a "low-rider" bouncing down the street on pneumatic lifters. Fun if that's what you want, but I don't want this. Especially at the end of the day when I'm tired and worn out already.

Please help.
    Last edited by Nargg; 05-25-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Welcome to the club. Theres a GM service adviser on this site.

same with me! They say 24 hours and its really a week!

I have reviewed your case and it looks like they have been trying to contact you on one of the numbers that you provided. I would recommend contacting your agent for more assistance. Please feel free to keep me posted.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Interesting... No record of any incoming calls on any of the two numbers I gave them from any number I don't recognize easily. Not saying they are lying, but this is interesting. I will call my dealership advisor.

I would also recommend contacting your Customer Assistance agent. Please feel free to keep me updated.

I talked with my advisor at the dealership today. He said GM only called to get info on the problem. So I guess the ball is in GM's court now.

Has your customer assistance agent been in contact with you recently? Please feel free to keep me posted.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the cylinder shutdown?
    Switching from 8 cyl to 4 cyl??
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Tricia, the dealership has talked with me. Anyone directly from GM has not.

Phoebeisis, Good question. At idle, the engine is supposed to be in V8 mode. V4 mode only occurs at speed and near zero torque. But that doesn't mean something is amiss in the programming. My dealership thinks it is a programming issue, since they can repeat the problem in similar models. He just through it was a throttle control variation, which is something he's seen before and seen fixed with a reflash of the engine control system.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by