GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am showing that they have been trying to contact you. It is possible that they do not have the correct number. I would recommend trying to contact yoru agent that you are working with. Thank you again for the update.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Tricia,

Thanks, I saw a call from a MA number today (first time). They didn't leave a message though. I'll call the 800 number tonight, as I don't have a specific agent I'm working with, but I do have a case #.

Nargg

Tricia,

Again, after 3 days from a phone call I placed to Chevy I have not heard back from them. And my home phone and cell phone both do not show any numbers have called that I am not familar with. Right now I feel Chevy is giving me a "Don't call us, we'll call you" attitude. When I called them 3 days ago they did not konw what to tell me and what the original call back to me should have been about. Basically, I got nothing. But instead I got a "we'll call you in 24 hours", which of course did not occur. Who's cage do I need to rattle to get some action here?

Nargg

I apologize for my delay in response. I would be happy to take a look at your case. Please feel free to contact me via private message with the case number. I look forwrd to hearing from you.

Tricia,

I hate to bring bad news, but this whole experience so far has been extremely frustrating. Here's why.

The GM Customer Service rep that has been working my case is Trameal (not sure on spelling.) After he and I finally made contact, he contacted the dealership's Service Manager where they are looking into my problem. Trameal thought the Service Manager, Kevin, told them that "There is no known problems" and the problem could not be repeated. GM Customer Service translated that into "there are no problems with the truck". What I found out later is the Service Manager was stating that there are know known issues of this type in any service bulletins from GM. He knows there is a problem, and can show it in multiple 2011 Silverados. I became very frustrated with Trameal in a follow up call because he wanted to close the case and move on. I told him that there was a mis-communication and he needed to follow up. He still seemed to not want to continue. I asked to speak to the manager at GM Customer Service. So I was passed to Isaah.

I told Isaah that the problem WAS demonstratable, not only on my truck but on other trucks the dealership has. Plus, I've seen other folks here on this forum and others talking about this problem. Isaah told me he would talk again with the Service Manager at my dealership, and I asked him to include the Service Advisor too. He said he would. I then later talked with my Service Advisor to ask why there was a mis-communicaiton occuring, and to make sure it didn't happen again. My Service Manager seemed to be getting frustrated too, and knew that this is a problem and it needed fixing.

Well, today I heard from Isaah again. Isaah told me he talked to both the Service Manager and the Service Advisor and they said "There are no known problems with the truck", and he still took that as the truck was fine and nothing was wrong. At this point I'm furious about the communication problems here. To me it seems that GM Customer Service really doesn't care. I asked Isaah to call the dealership again and ask more in depth questions. He agreed, but also would not give me a way to re-contact him. THAT IS A BIG PROBLEM! Does GM Customer Service sit atop an ivory tower or something?

I called back the dealership and spoke with my Service Advisor. Now he is upset, because he knows there is a problem and has verified it. Just he doesn't know what the problem is caused by. And he HAD NOT HEARD FROM Isaah!!!! So Isaah lied to me about talking with him! My Service Advisor tells me that both he and the Service Manager are upset also, because they did NOT tell GM Customer Service that "there is not a problem with the truck". There is in fact a problem. The dealership agrees, and would like to see it fixed just as much as me because it shows in the 2011 4x4 Z71s they have on the lot. It's as much of a problem to them as it is to me.

So, here we are. At a standstill because from what I see GM Customer Service is too proud of what they see as a "non-problem", and can't seem to communicate with my dealership properly to find a solution. I feel they really don't want to do anything at all! I can't get them to communicate, and when they do it's a complete failure. My only communication method with GM Customer Service right now is by phone, which is barely working because either they are not available or I'm not available at times during the business day. And each time I talk to them, they seem to think there is no problem and I get this speech about "it's all in your head" (not what they are saying, but it translates to that...) Well it's NOT just in my head, or in my Service Advisor's head, or the heads of othere HERE who have verified this problem.

So what do I do now? This is really getting out of hand.
    Last edited by Nargg; 07-22-2011 at 11:30 AM.

I am going to take a look at your case a little further and hope to get back to you on Monday. Thank you for the update as well as your patience.

I did take a look at your case and it appears that your agent is still working on this for you. You do have the option of visiting another dealer, but I would recommend that you continue to work with your agent. Please keep me posted and thank you for your patience.

Tricia, Thanks, but the problem is not with my dealership. In my perspective, it seems to be with the GM Customer Service reps and managers who have been working the case. The dealership is 100% sure they told them the correct information, yet everytime it comes back around to me it changes to something different.

Is it possible to escalate this? Because someone higher up needs to know what is going on here. This is really bad and getting worse.

I have seen other owners on other forums complain about these symptoms when the truck is switching between 4 and 8 cylinder mode....between 30-45mph.

One guy bought a Trinity programmer and disable the Active Fuel mangement and it went away.....probably not something most people want to do to solve it.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123418&st=0

I
    f all the replies are not visible look in the upper right corner of the thread for the options button and click standard view.
    Last edited by sstoner911; 07-25-2011 at 11:31 PM.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I can understand your concern, but at this time I believe that the best course of action for you would be for you to continue to work with your agent. If you feel that there is some kind of miscommmunication, I would recommend that you ask the agent to place a conference call with both you and the dealer. This will help to resolve any concerns that you are having. Continue to keep me posted, and I will also keep an eye on your case. Thank you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast