GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default want to buy a new truck

Hey people...I'm new here. I have a 2005 Chevy Colorado 2WD CC. It's been wrecked 2 times in the last year. I want to get out of it so badly but I don't know what I want. I can't decide if I want an 07 Colorado or if I want an 07 Silverado (new body style). I love the gas mileage I get in the Colly but it's a small truck. I am afraid I will hate the Silvy because of the gas mileage. I don't know if I want leather or cloth. Please if anyone can tell me what they think of their 07 Silvy I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    Last edited by wke07; 07-19-2007 at 12:16 AM.
    Kyle
    Canton, MS
    2005 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 2WD 3.5L
    --Sunburst Orange Metallic--

Thumbs up My 06 has been good to me

I've seen the 07's and they look sweet. Don't know much about the 07, but my 06 has been good to me. Cloth seats have been OK. My 06 has just turned 75k and still has 90% left on the original pads. It consistently gets 11-12mpg when I behave and drops to 8mpg when I'm a bad boy. No serious maintenance issue with the exception of having the drivers door hinge re-welded twice. (I think its a design defect, but GM says its an operator issue) See my earlier post: GMTC
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Thanks for the reply unplugged. I see you have the 2500...nice! I don't need anything that big or heavy duty. I don't pull trailers or haul anything. I just want a full size truck...I think. If anyone has a 2007 new body style 1500 with the 5.3L, extended or crew cab, 4WD, cloth or leather...let me know what you think please. Thanks.

Jr. Apprentice

I have a 07 1500 5.3 Extended Cab 4x4 LTZ with leather. When I went looking I was really looking for cloth seats since I believe the leather is an unecessary expense. But after weighing my options and not settling on things (I have settled on vehicles before and regretted it later) I decided on the LTZ. The LTZ by default comes with leather and as of yet I have no complaints. The seats are comfortable and now that I have the leather I don't know if I would like the cloth nearly as much.

I have a family member who was a GM employee so I got hooked up wtih a sweet discount and they offered me way to much for my trade in and had some good rebates going, so that is why I went LTZ. Though now that I have I don't think I would enjoy anything less nearly as much.

As far as the truck goes I also have not one complaint. You wouldn't believe how many strangers come up and compliment me about my truck. I have had people ask me questions at stop lights and stop me in parking lots to talk about it. I have always complained about the cup holders or something stupid in every vehicle I have had before but this one seems to have got it right.

As far as gas milage goes, I haven't had mine long enough to really say. Currently with 75% city 25% highway I show 16.3 MPG average over about 4 tanks of gas. My sister has a 07 Tahoe and she said her MPG really went up at about 6K miles. I haven't hit 3K yet and I hear it takes a while to stabilize. It is super nice when driving on the interstate and you seee the instant economy showing 26MPG pretty consistantly. However in the city when you see it drop to 9MPG it makes you wanna cry. I can't have the instant economy option set. I watch average ecomony though.

I highly recommend this truck though. It is by far the best vehicle I have owned to date (though that doesn't say too much). I came from a Ranger before and I wanted something that could fit more than 2 people in it (or 1 plus my junk) and after visting the Ford, Dodge, and Chevy lots I ended up leaving with the Chevy.

Good Luck!
    2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4x4 Z71 (Mostly Loaded :-) )

I have owned vehicles with cloth and leather and i would say if GM had leather with perforated suede inserts i'd go for it in a second, but they don't. The cloth in the new silverados is nice, but damn it's like a lint brush it grabs lint from pants and shirts and holds it, they are also hard to vacuum. Although if I were to do it all over again i would still get the cloth.

I have about 1600 miles on my 2007 Z71 crew cab 5.3 and i see an average of between 17-19mpg and thats "city" ( i live in a small town with lots of 55mph highways". I also wanted a Colorado/Canyon but for the difference in a payment per month and the residual value of a silverado/sierra I'd definitely go with the larger truck.

Hope that helps some. Good luck, Jay

Gm discount helped with my decision and i'm so happy my family always has been a GM family, this truck rocks