GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 6.0L long tube headers

Well I've decided I want a set of long tube headers but I can't find a decently priced set that fits my 6.0L! On autoanything.com it says the pacesetters fit but when I searched that part number on jegs and summit it said that header is for the 5.3 and 4.8?? Has anyone had success using these pacesetters on a 6.0?!

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Well I couldn't wait any longer and pulled the trigger on them! I got them from jegs because since they ship out of dayton ohio they always come to me really fast so I'll let you all know how it goes!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend
    Blog Entries

I think they'll fit Nathan cuz when I look at some of the other manufacturers sets they say they fit up through 6.5L, same exhaust port spacing
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

They will fit and work. The 4.8,5.3 and 6.0 share the same exhaust maniflods so the headers will fit.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Before you start to install them check if they include O2 sensor wire extensions. Most likely you will need rear O2 extensions.

Thanks for the confirmation guys!

As far as the O2 sensors I already have a custom exhaust and those O2 sensors are welded in the pipe two places after the headers so if I continue to run that piping will I be ok?

They give you extra wire and connections to extend them, but on my truck i didn't even need to extend. It was long enough to move to the new location.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension